Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP500 Analogue Trunk Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupra20v

Technical User
Dec 13, 2005
GB
Hi Guys

1 x IP500 with Analogue trunk daughter card installed, but how do people connect the trunk card (RJ45) to the BT analogue socket on the wall?

Is their a standard cable set-up for this, what is the easiest solution ?

Also what are the UK settings for analogue lines on the IP500, loop start ?, any other settings i would need to know ?

Thanks in advance for any help

On my small office edition I've just used BT to RJ11 cables. They fit in RJ45 sockets fine. It's usually just the middle 2 pins.

The normal settings should just work but I have had to increase the gain. I can't remember if it was the Rx or Tx gain though.

Thanks for the reply

Yeah i tried a RJ11 - BT cable today, dialed out via 5402 handset, i could see it sieze the line in SSA, but would not go any further, the handset would come up waiting for line, which made me think im either using the wrong cable, wrong analogue trunk settings, or both lol

ANALOG Pin Description
1 Not used.
2 Not used.
3 Not used.
4 Ring.
5 Tip.
6 Not used.
7 Not used.
8 Not used.

As above i use BT to RJ11 cables that come with an analogue handset . The RJ11 end must use the middle connectors which correspond to pins 4 & 5 on the RJ45 socket.

Try increasing the gain in the line settings. I *think* it was the Tx gain. I had the same problem though, it just couldn't 'grab' the line.

So looks like the cable is probably ok then, im next on site on thurs this week, will try increasing the rx gain as you suggest.

On the analogue line settings, should it be set to loop start or loop start iclid ?

TIA

The iclid option just enables caller ID if it's active on the line. I think it can mean that the call is delayed from actually ringing an extension though. I think the first ring or two from the caller's perspective will be taken up by the IPO reading the caller ID info before it passes it to the correct ext etc.

Other people will probably advise better on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back