Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office/Voicemail Pro Announcements/Leave Mail greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

BQbo

Systems Engineer
Feb 2, 2022
US
I am trying to figure out how to add a greeting before a call times out to voicemail.

During active hours, when a call comes in it should ring for 60 seconds, upon no answer it goes to voicemail, but plays a message saying "we're sorry all agents are busy" and then goes to voicemail which says "please leave a message."
Outside of active hours, I have voicemail pro check if it's a holiday or not, and a corresponding message is added before going to the voicemail greeting of "please leave a message."

Am I on the right track with announcements, if not, what is the best way to accomplish this?

Make a Leave Start Point for the Group.
Add a Calendar that you mark dates as holidays
Add a Week Planner that marks the days of the week and the active hours.

From the Start Point, test the Calendar for Holiday. Connect true to a Generic prompt that says "We are closed for the holiday", and that connects to a Leave action for the mailbox.

From the False of the Holiday test, test active days/hours. Connect True to a Generic prompt that says "Sorry, all agents are busy", and connected to the same Leave action for the mailbox.

From the False of the active days/hours test, connect to the Leave action.

Thanks, I created a Leave group per your post, but when I test out the voicemail option, it doesn't play any of the additional prompts/messages. Is there anything I need to do to link this Leave group?

The one thing I can say about VMP and holiday routing it is a good idea to make a test module. The conditions don't always work the way you would expect. You will need to pay attention to the various and/or/not functions in the conditions. It is best in the test mod you have a prompt like True and False recorded for the route choices so you can tell if it is working as expected. Once you know the routing is working then you can work those conditions into the live config with the proper prompts.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Yep, that's what I've done. When the above didn't work, I had the Group Leave, go from Start Point > Leave Mail Test. I added a few Entry Prompts under Leave Mail Test, but none of them played.

Just so I am understanding. You are not trying to do holiday routing. You are just adding prompts to the leave mail prompts tab of the action?
If that is the case try adding a Generic action with a recorded prompt between the start point and the leave mail action.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I am trying to add holiday and afterhours routing, when I didn't hear any of the prompts I selected, I removed all conditions but the final leave mail prompt - even that prompt didn't play. I'd like to restart services in a few hours to see if that helps.

🤔🤔

Did you save and make live.💡🤔

Only saying just in case….

Yes, I did. Just restarted services as well, no change. Here's what I currently have:
Untitled_zuzand.png

Test Module which goes to voicemail for ext 199. Leave option for said extension, checks for holiday or active hours. Each of the Leave mail options has a different prompt which should play before I hear voicemail greeting of "please leave a detailed message."

What happens it seems is that the Group Leave is ignored and I get presented with the voicemail greeting of "please leave a detailed message.

Just tried and got the same result. It seems as if it's bypassing the Group setting/config entirely.

Edit: I think I'm an idiot.. I tested using my test module which kept failing. I ended up calling the group directly from my extension and got the desired result. I tested out a quick menu and that too was a success. Though any idea why the module didn't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back