Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Voicemail Pickup Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

allmotarex

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2014
US
Avaya IP Office Manager 10.0 (16)
Avaya 9508

There is a button programmed on the phone labeled "Voicemail Pickup" with Action Dial and Action Data *46, which is a short code for the feature "Call Steal"

Our shipping office cannot successfully pick up a call while someone is leaving a voicemail. When the shipping clerk presses the "Voicemail pickup" option on the phone there is a steady tone and the display reads called rejected.

This works on my desk phone and several others. The only one that I know of that is having the issue is shipping office. There are likely more Individuals that are having the issue but have not complained.

Thanks for any help.

look at their button programming and copy that to your phone and then merge

On the shipping clerks telephony tab, tick the 'intrusion allowed' check box.

The button programming is the exact same for each user.

I tried "Can intrude" check box and it still didn't make a difference.

When pressing the "Voicemail Pickup" on the phone there is a continuous tone and then "Call rejected".

Are you a member of the 'monitor'' group?

Put the extension in group, and also put this group on the users Telephony > supervosor tab. Monitor group.

Or, what is happening when you hear the steady tone and you press the OK button?

You could always try programming the button correctly, with the feature "Call Steal" as oppose to having it dial a shortcode
Also the usage is subject to the Can Intrude setting of the Call Steal user and the Cannot Be Intruded setting of the target
So no matter what that/those setting(s) need to be correct :)

There are 4 HuntGroups. Voicemail pickup is working on several users with a Monitor Group of "None" under Telephony >Supervisors Tap.

The 4 HuntGroups are:
304 Ans dn
251 Emergency
444 Evacuation Page
303 Page

Call Steal is for users not groups, who programmed this? It's not right at all :)

To elaborate, call steal/Aquire is to pickup the last alerting call to a users handset or to steal the call from another user.
While it's not designed for group calls it may well work but only if it's a call that has actually rang on your extn, i.e a collective group or you were actually alerted as part of the cycle...however that's not the way it's designed :)

It was programmed years before I was hired. We are moving to a new system in a couple of weeks. Doing away with Avaya. I am just trying to get this small portion to work before the new equipment gets here.

I am not surprised they're replacing it if it's programmed all to hell, if done correctly it'll probably work above and beyond what you're about to replace it with :)

Capture1_auou8a.png

I am going to change Button 3 for this shipping user. Action will be call steal as opposed to dialing a shortcode. Will I need to put anything in the "Action Data" field?

Blank for your requirements, but it's dependant on what I mentioned above.
P.S that programming is pants, I can only imagine what the rest is like :)

Actually the only reason the company is moving to something else is due to the cost of the upgrading our current Avaya system. It was cheaper to go with a whole new deal.

Unlikely, what do you mean by upgrading? Perhaps you have just been quoted with imaginative pricing :)

We have a contract through a local telephone Carrier and Avaya. To renew this contract, all software and equipment would need to be updated we were told. We chose to go another route.

But that's bullshit, let that contract lapse and take out a maint agreemant with a competent local business partner, that will cost roughly 10-15% the original equipment costs, I doubt that's more than a new system :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back