Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office R8.0 Sales Toolkit 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all users are created equal. Some should be drug tested before logging into a computer. Perhaps the net admin should be drug tested for allowing access to critical machines by morons. Because he must have been high. Just sayin'

With over 10,000 locations / offices in North America alone, we had to rely on normal office Joe to do simple Mac stuff for us.
One simple but deciding factor for us to migrate all the BCM's over IPO is that the IPO use RJ45 jack so our users can PLUG & PRAY.
As you know, most of the telecom gear are stuff inside a tiny dark broom closet. Ha ha ...

Madwok,

The DS16A and DS30A modules have ports which have RJ21 connectors.
Then you put on 16 pair cable on it and then connect that cable on a 66 or 110 punchblock. (we use SLA+)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

It should also be noted that consistent with the B5800 branch strategy, IP Office Release 8.0 will no longer support SIP trunking to Avaya Aura® Session Manager (See section 22)"

This is crazy . IMHO , starving one child to feed the big un ?

Any one of you have successfully sold a B5800 solution lately ?
---
Tlpeter,

We got our bean counter agreed pretty much to replace all the grimy M series with shiny 1416 set. Yeah a bit less quality but NEW . We came out pretty good as we can write it off the book by donating old sets to charitable groups .

Avaya want's you to connect a B5800 instead of an IPO.
TheB5800 is also still on 6.1, there is no 7.0 version for the B5800.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Many router web interfaces allow either auto or manual config saves after (or before) changes. Hopefully the IPO web interface will allow the same. Personally I'm looking forward to web access - saves RDP or VPN discussions with 3rd party IT support guys.

You will have remote SSL VPN directly into the IP Office in R8.1 so the question of how do I remotely access a site without a local copy of Manager and no on-site PC for LogMeIn/VNC/RDP etc is eliminated.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

@ Madwok, AVAYA changed its stance on blocking IP Office in Session Manager. I found this in the most recent IP Office faq (11/15/2011):
Can IP Office R8.0 network with Avaya Aura® via Session Manager?
Yes – after further consideration, this capability was retained with IP Office R8.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back