Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office R11 Feature Pack 4 now available ??? 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamaSherpa

Instructor
Dec 24, 2015
IT
Seems they decided to anticipate the release of the R11 Maintenance (originally scheduled for marh 29th) and to jump over the R11 SP3, getting a little bit confused, there...

Me too, additionally the OVA file is missing, anyway I wonder why they passed directly from SP2 to SP4 and before the scheduled date.

Downloaded file version (build 74) don't match the versions on the support doc (build 73).

Suspect they are doing some last minute alterations.

Might sit this one out and let others discover how stable it is!

ACSS (SME)

So release date on the Support website has changed from 28th Feb to 4th March. VMPro is now available to download.

Still no associated TB.

ACSS (SME)

i downloaded it monday and it messed up my j179. i cant program any buttons, my three call appearance keys are just red handset emblems with the extension next to them. i can make and receive calls but it's all jacked up. my reason for loading .4 is that we just installed a new system with all j series phones for a hospital on 11.0.1 after i had problems updating the sd card to 11.0.2 from 10.1 which is what it was shipped with so i just used .1 instead, well the caller id isnt working (PRI) and from what i read the problem is still there on 11.0.2 as well. the other issue is that the jem24's dont work at j100 firmware 3.0 so instead of updating the phones i figured i'd just update manager and let the whole system update on our test system. the j series updated to 4.0 and jem's power up now but the j series phones are all messed up and there isnt a document on .4 to know what is and isnt supported. really not liking 11 firmware but the new phones look great. anyone know what the fix is for caller id on 11.0.1 i'd love to know it, i ordered jbm24's for now until this can all get straightened out so that takes care of that issue.

Seems like the J179 is not in IP Office mode anymore.

Did it screw the 46xx settings.txt file?

Take a look at it and see if you can set parameter to two (SET ENABLE_IPOFFICE 2)

...seems its also bust your Enter and shift keys, I'd go back to SP2.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Sounds like your phones have reverted to Avaya J179 (Standard SIP) as opposed to Avaya J179 (SIP Feature)" if you look under the status or under "user" it should tell you which mode you are in.

i have support calling me tomorrow and ill update this if its resolved in case anyone else has issues like this

Just a matter of interest are you using TCP or TLS under the SIP proxy setting on the J179 telephones?

TCP, i was given a doc on setting the proxy by our distributor and it went over setting up 179 phones. on 11.0.1 the auto provision took care of everything, it picked up the vlan and set everything up i just entered the extension and password to login. I didnt have to do any extra stuff until 11.0.4. I havent spoken to our support yet to fix the issues but so far i've defaulted the phone, downloaded 11.0.4 again from avaya, uninstalled manager on my pc then reinstalled and ran hfs then changed the http settings in manager to custom and pointed at my pc running hfs then set the phone up again, but the same problem happens.

just to update this and close my part out, i think the new release is working fine. before i left off the part where i tried to update the j179 firmware manually to 4.0 while on 11.0.1 and i know now i messed up something when i did that. my fix was to pull my sd card and format it then recreate it using 11.0.4, i then put it back in the chassis and the only thing i had to do was reload my license file; for some reason when it came back up it says the system is not licensed so i loaded the file back up and after defaulting the j179 it came up and i was able to login; everything works fine so far. caller id works and has my number in visual voicemail which was an issue on previous releases. Jem24 works with no problem and i'm able to add blf for users on j139 which was another big reason i needed to move to 11.0.4

gotchaback said:
and the only thing i had to do was reload my license file; for some reason when it came back up it says the system is not licensed

Yep, only takes once to learn this as I have done it also;

For any IP500v2 using the local SD card for plds licensing; If you format the SD card, that also deletes the .xml plds license file for your system that is located on the SD card for IP500v2's. Either pull the PLDSkeys.xml off the sd card before doing the format and copy back on after the re-create or if you forget, it'll come up un-licensed and you'll do what you did -simply find your license key on the plds site (or your own offline backup copy) & upload it via manager.

Avaya doc about this;
[URL unfurl="true"]https://downloads.avaya.com/css/P8/documents/101038022[/url]

Just updated our lab system. Only issue we seem to be having is with Web Manager. After logging in, it just gets stuck on loading. Sometimes it works though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back