Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office: programming buttons for BLF with Autointercom

Status
Not open for further replies.

ipxman

Technical User
Apr 18, 2006
US
I need to program 54XX phones and eu24 buttons for BLF with Auto Intercom for exts. Can this be done on a 406 v2 with 3,217 software?

Not if you want to use it as a BLF (busy Lamp Field). You can program it as a speed dial but you wont know if they are on the phone or not. Depending on howmany people you vae you can have the left side as BLf and teh right button as intercom

I know that you can do this, but I was told that there was a way with short codes. I have a IP Customer that this is an issue, and wants one button with BLF and Auto Intercom per ext. Does any one know a short code to do this? Thanks

ipxman

A single button that serves as a BLF and also a auto icm button does not exist in IPO. You can however use the BLF button as a icm button (ring to the ext) if it shows the user is idle. So for Auto ICM on 3.2 and earlier, you can have a emulation "Automatic Intercom" button programmed onto the phone, press this button and then the User's BLF button, but like I said, only if it shows the User is idle.

dphoneguy24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back