Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office connected to Cisco Phone System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jcfoster

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2008
US
I have a client that we do all their infrastructure cabling. They use a Cisco phone system at their office. For some reason they cannot put a Cisco system at the owners home. They asked if we put a new IP Office at his home would we be able to tie it to the Cisco phone system for internal calls like four digit dialing. The IP office would be new with 10.1. Is this possible and if so what would need to be purchased and configured on the IP Office side. How would it work on the Cisco side? Right now I know nothing about their Cisco phone system other than it is new. Any help of info would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Easy enough to do with site to site SIP trunks linking the two. Easy that is, if you know how to do them on the IP Office and they know how to on the Cisco. Only way to do it really.
Knowing the types of people that do Cisco systems quite well, they aren't very good at the telephony side in my experience :)

Why not create a vpn connection between the office and users home, then use Cisco phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back