Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP office Call not connecting unless the number ends with # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

blinkman

Technical User
Jul 29, 2012
KE
Hi

This might sound stupid, but can anyone help me out on why calls do not go through unless I end them with a # in IP office. I can't tell users to be ending their calls with a #.

Thanks

I suspect you are using ; in your shortcodes and also dial delay count, either way it's shortcodes :)

Yes I am using ; on my short codes. I will remove them 1st thing tomorrow morning and see how that works out.

Thanks guys

You can do that if you don't use dial delay count, or only use it in Ars :)

can anyone please explain to me what does the ; do exactly ?
Thanks

The ; symbol intstructs the system to wait until the dial delay timer expires before starting to send the digits to line, basically it forces en-bloc dialling as oppose to overlap (where digits are sent to line as you press them) :)

Thanks guys. Worked like a charm. Now I don't need to put a # at the end of the number. I just removed the ; from the 9N short code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back