Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 500 V2 show system Unlicensed

Status
Not open for further replies.

divo856

Technical User
May 1, 2014
KW
Hi All,

Recently we have order IP office R9, but the distributor send us IP Office 8.1 with R9 license. When we got the system we started the IP office and installed the R9 license but then noticed that the system is on R8.1. So what I did is to factory reset the IP office 500 then shutdown the system, remove the SD card, formatted the SD card, recreated the SD card using IP office 9 manager and then put back the SD card to IP office and started IP office. Now in IP office manager it's defaulted back, current release is 9.0.845 and license shows zero when I install back the license file, IP office manager shows IP Endpoints licenses as valid, some other license like CCR agents shows as Dormant and IP Phones shows system unlicensed on the screen.

I would appreciate if you can help to solve this issue.

There is a lot of this going on at the moment, people buying kit from distributers without knowing how to actually install it correctly then coming here when it all goes wrong, there were 2 other similar posts just yesterday. What licences do you have? Why did you default the system then format the card? All you needed to do was upgrade it (if you did in fact have the upgrade licence) :)

Hi,

The license we bought from Avaya was R9, The system was coming on R8.1 and I wanted it to be o R9 as the customer bought it from us. If I go for direct upgrade from R8.1 to R9 it will ask for an upgrade license which I don't understand why it's needed if I already have R9 licenses!!!!

I have formatted the SD card and recreated it to become on R9, however when Install the license it shows valid on IP office manager but phones shows system unlicensed. Does this has anything to do with me installing the license initially on 8.1?

You don't have the essential edition licence I presume, that's why I asked what you do have. When upgrading it always pops that licence warning up no matter if you have it or not :)

you should be recreating the SD card from manager with the current firmware before proceeding with the installation.

if this is done then a new unused IP office will not require an upgrade license.
once you have booted the IPO it becomes locked to that release of firmware & requires an upgrade license to go higher.

as described your scenario suggest you were supplied a 2nd hand system. the R9 license should work but do you really want to accept 2nd hand equipment as new?

as per integrant pass this back to your distributor

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Hi Amriddle01,

It's already a R9 license and I have the essential edition license. If I do for a direct upgrade it will not work as well.

When I get the system to R9 using the format and recreate SD card and then install the license, the IP office manager detects the license as R8.1? I don't know if this is correct? or if the system has been locked on R8.1 and there is no way to get to R9 without the upgrade the license.

If the system has been locked on R8.1 wouldn't the factory reset clear the lock, or is there any way to clear this lock.

The system will lock to the version when the first call is made. You will see that notice in system status when it happens.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Go to do an upgrade to R9 and post a screenshot of the upgrade window :)

From what I've seen, a new system won't even wait until the first call is made. Whatever SD_card version is first booted on the unit is what version it will get locked to. If you started a new system with an 8.1 SD-card, you will need a Software Upgrade license to bring it up to 9.0. And if it's a new system in Basic (muppet) mode, you will also need an Essential Edition license to change the mode to Standard IP Office.

Dan

What's that? Your paging doesn't work?! Just get yourself a good bullhorn..problem solved!

EmuDan,
The important event is the 'first call'. What ever software is loaded on your new system is is not relevant, as it will get upgraded to the one which is present on your SD-Card. It's a good idea to first prepare this SD-Card with Manager to be on the desired (latest) version. However, you can still upgrade the system after it gets booted. Just don't place any call first. And forget any clever hint about R7, you will need the Essential Edition, if you like to have an IP Office.

divo856,
In your situation, if you didn't place this first call, just ignore anything, load all licences and upgrade it. It won't show any 'ready for Release 9' message as the system doesn't know about release 9 unless R9 is loaded...

we are seeing the same behavior as EmuDan
no calls and the system is locked at its firmware version

the best we can figure is when the new ATM cards are doing their impedance checking is when it is thinking it made a call, but that is speculation.

go with what IPGuru is saying 1st thing recreate the card with manager before power hits anything.

Dave

The latest 8.1 releases and anything after locks the chassis on startup, so if you turn it on with a late 8.1 + card fitted it's locked, no call or trunk card required it just happens :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back