Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Avaya IP Office 500 V2 - Used System at Version 8.1 - No License - Upgrade Path to 11.0.200.23

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_trooper

Technical User
Dec 8, 2023
GR
Hello to everyone !

I recently acquired a used Avaya IP Office 500 V2 and the system came with no License. It came on version 8.1. I managed to connect to it by installing the correct version of IP Office and by changing its IP on the LAN.

I am really new to Avaya and I would like to make some questions in order to be able to start using it. I know that the system gets locked in the version the first call was made and without an upgrade license, it wont be able to work even If I buy a new V11 License and upgrade it to that. I don't really need R11 but I recently realised that currently Avaya does only sell licenses for R10 and R11. I also bought a new SD Card from Avaya (System SD 700479702) and before I start I want to replace the default SD that came with the system with my new one. Can somebody outline all the steps in the proper order ?

I do not understand how I am going to get the upgrade license, WITHOUT actually having a license already. Can somebody guide me ?

Also, in my country there is no support for Avaya, so I do not have the option to use a local distributor. Is it a good option to purchase a R11 License from here ? Link

Thank you, in advance.

Thank you for your help ! I have sent you the email !

Mistakenly typed the address wrong ! Now it should be there ! Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back