Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office 406v2 Voicemail Windows server 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliftyview

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2014
US
Looking to upgrade our server to new windows Server 2016. We have IP office 406v2 system with voicemail Pro 6.0.44 running on server 2008r2. Tried installing voicemail on test win 2016 server did not install properly. Is there a version of voicemail that will work for me without upgrading our system?

No VM Pro is supported on W2016 yet, that doesn't mean it won't work, I'm using W2016 on my lab systems to see how it runs.
Don't have anything older than 9.1 on that though.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I believe ther is a version of the application server available for V6.0 this would be your better option

V6.0 VM pro was never intended for server 2016 (as it did not exist) & will never be updated so you will be running a risky solution.

at least the V6.0 app server is designed for this unit & beingLlinux based should not give you any troubles.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Didn't AppServer come in v6.1.

Best option if you don't wanna upgrade the IPO is to keep the working Windows Server, is there a reason to upgrade it?

why even go with a server, most likely you can go with just a Windows 7 or Windows 10 desktop?

Thanks for the comments. My situation is our server is 9 years old and should be replaced. I don't want to add yet another machine to keep track of. I could install server 2008r2 on new equipment but don't want to do everything again when it is eol. I can upgrade to 500v2 for about $700 so will either take that route or keep what I have in place for another year or 2.

You don't wanna use w2008r2 when it goes end of life but you have no problem using a 406v2 unit with v6.0 that went end of support 5 years ago?

janni78 Not my decision. If it was my decision I would have a new phone system also. Working with what i am dealt.

Didn't AppServer come in v6.1.

I stand corrected.

Probably a good time to consider an upgrade

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back