Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP 500 V2 9.1 Expansion Card Seen but modules plugged into it do not sync 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikegillespie

Instructor
Sep 24, 2007
CA
Hi All,

I have an IP 500 V2 9.1 with an Expansion Card in slot 4. The system recognizes the card but the module plugged into it do not sync or even show up as a device that I could potentially upgrade.

I have swapped out the expansion card and the issue persists.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Mike

Have to ask whether you have done the obvious and made sure the expansion modules are active and flashing green and then plugged into the IPO and the IPO rebooted.

| ACSS SME |

Great Questiion. Hahaha. Yes, the modules are on and plugged into the card

Are you using the yellow cables that came with the card to connect the modules?

Actually, the cables that come with the modules are sheilded blue cables. These are ones being used.

You are powering up the modules 1st and then the IP 500 correct?

Which ones.

IP500 DS30 700426216
IP500 DS30B 700501586
IP500 DS30B2 700511094

you mention it is an IP 500 V2 9.1 what is the release? i.e. 9.1.12

is it Basic, Essential or Preferred?

Hi All,

I have upgraded the system to 9.1.12 and the modules still do not sync.
I was hopeful but now I need to look for other possible solutions.
Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

if you have any expansion module then DO NOT USE 9.1.12 unless you want to DTE the expansion modules when it comes time to upgrade them later.

We only have one customer with the 4 port expansion card and that site has had no issues and is on 9.1.7

| ACSS SME |

I have never had an issue with expansion modules and R9.1.12 or seen any kind of report of such an issue till now.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

I looked into it (slow day) and looks like the original R9.1.12 had some issues with the older expansions. They released an updated R9.1.12 (covered in tech bulletin 209) and it fixed the issue. As long as you use that release you should not have issues with the expansions I have a few customers on R9.1.12 still.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back