Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Intuity Audix "Call Attendant not available"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bashless

Technical User
May 3, 2002
US
Hi All;

I have an external Intuity Audix box attached to my definity switch. Everything works great except when I try to set up touch-tone call-transfer to another call-attendant voice mail box I get "Call Attendant not available". The call-transfer works to the same voice mail box to replay the message, but when transferring to another voice mail box I get that message. I am guessing that there is a switch or setting somewhere to allow call-transfer between attendants voice mail boxes?

Help@!! +Thanks.

Have you recorded a personel greeting in the auto-attendant.
If you have, check your transfer plan in audix to see if the number is in that range.

Number is in range, message recorded, do not know where to find transfer plan. Here is the COS for the autoattendant...Do I need to allow IMAPI or outcalling?
CLASS OF SERVICE

Name: AutoAttn COS Number: 11 Modified? y
Addressing Format: extension

Login Announcement Set: System
System Multilingual is OFF Call Answer Primary Annc. Set: System
Call Answer Language Choice? n Call Answer Secondary Annc. Set: System

PERMISSIONS
Type: auto-attendant Announcement Control? n Outcalling? n
Priority Messages? n Broadcast: none IMAPI Access? n
IMAPI Message Transfer? n Fax Creation? n Trusted Server Access? n
Mailbox Size (seconds), Maximum: 1200 Minimum Guarantee: 0

Check page 3 of your Auto-Attendant. In 3.3 (at least), there is an option to "Allow Call Transfer". I think it defaults to no. But I also think that it only applies to *T transfers.

In my Auto-Attendants, I have the preset transfers to nested Auto-Attendants set up as receiving "call-answer" Treatment.

Check page 3 of your Auto-Attendant. In 3.3 (at least), there is an option to "Allow Call Transfer". I think it defaults to no. But I also think that it only applies to *T transfers.

I am not sure where to check these settings. Here is what my login presents for options on the cha command:

AUDIX Active Alarms: A Logins: 2

-announcement to change the composition of system announcements
auto-attend-routing to change auto-attendant schedules
cos to modify classes of service
extensions to change a set of extensions
imapi-password to change the imapi password
machine to modify translations for a local or remote machine
password to change the password for this administrative login
remote-subscriber to modify the record for a remote subscriber
subscriber to modify the record for a local subscriber
switch-time-zone to modify time zones for switches in network
system-parameters to modify system level parameters
trusted-server to modify a trusted-server profile

In my Auto-Attendants, I have the preset transfers to nested Auto-Attendants set up as receiving "call-answer" Treatment.

I do not understand preset transfers...do you mean assigning a touchtone key to a call-transfer to another voice mail box acting as an autoattendant? What do you mean by nested?

Thanks so much for your patience.

Bashless.

Here is Page 3 of one of my Auto-Attendants:

SUBSCRIBER AUTOMATED ATTENDANT MENU

Allow Call Transfer? n

Button Extension Treatment Comment
1:
2: e call-answer
3: e call-answer
4: e call-answer
5: e call-answer
6:
7: e call-answer Stockton
8:
9:
0:
Timeout:

Length Of Time-Out On Initial Entry : 5

We have extensions beginning with digits 2, 3, 4, 5, and 7 - they are my "preset" transfers. This AA only prompts for a mailbox number (I use it to check personal greetings directly). "Nested" Attendants refer to having selections in an AA pointing to yet another Auto-Attendant. Using the "call Answer" treatment, the personal greeting (used as attendant menu) is directly accessed.

Here's a portion of a nested AA:

4: 3204 call-answer Operations Jobs
5: 3205 call-answer Sales / Marketing Jobs

3204 and 3205 are also Auto Attendants. Just be careful on nesting in particular and Auto attendants in particular. Draw out the call-flow in Visio if you have it. Make sure that your attendants don't loop (unless that's what you are after), and give people an out.

Ok, thanks. Actually my page three was OK. I have changed the page two setting for announcement control to Y. That did the trick. Wheew! Now to finish the job and get back to my regular full time activities.

Thank You Sir for your time and patience. It is greatly appreciated.

Bashless....

Hm - Interesting - Announcement Control only allows that mailbox to record user names and system announcement fragments (i.e. "Welcome to Audix"). Nothing at all to do with Auto Attendants working or not working....

ok...I will change the setting and check my work...will advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back