Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Interact 500 not recieving DTMF from 7.0 MICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukstr45

Technical User
Jul 5, 2012
US
I have a Norstar MICS 7.0 that has a Interact 500 door opener. I made a change on a seemingly unused analog port (DN change) now the door opener does not work. When they press the button outside the secretary answers the call on a T7316, she would then press 6 to open the door. The door opener is on an analog port. It is not receiving the DTMF. Any ideas what I screwed up?

Digital phones don't send DTMF switch to a trunk port for the door phone.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

This was working some how before I changed the DN of the analog line. Of course I added a target line to the set and hooked it up. After this they reported the door button was not working.

Why were you changing a DN?

Was it the Door Phone DN you changed? when you change DN's you may need to copy the programming.
Perhaps you change an unused port but you changed it to a DN that the door phone was using.
i.e.
Changed DN 200 to 300
So 200 is now 300 and 300 is now 200
Programming however does not appear to move/change, programming that was at 200 is still at 200

Copy programming from 200 to 300

Otherwise provide more details as to what you did.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

I needed to add a new fax line and I found an unused port in the system (not that many analog). I changed dn 2919 to 2840. 2900 is the dn of the door. 28XX correspond with the DID range here. I changed the dn back but that did not help the situation. I have re-configured the door to call the secretary direct and have her hit F808 (long tones) then 6 but it does not open the door. I can hear the tones but it does not read the 6. If i have it call my cell, i can press 6 and open the door.

I read other posts here that mention 2 analog ports and an analog trunk port. How is that set up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back