Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Individual VM Lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

yesterdaysman

Technical User
Mar 12, 2012
GB
I have 9 sites all of which the VMail light comes on for each individual user except one site (as always where the directors are based)but the vmail lamp doesn't show for individual users even when there is mail in there to collect.

just cant see anything in the user or short codes to make this lamp turn on.

The vmail light is controlled via the Source Number tab. You should have an entry there of V then the extension number.. ie V201.

If that's correct then are these IP or Digital handsets?

V in source numbers has nothing to do with the lamp (H is used to associate the lamp with hunt groups)
The lamp will always light for personal mailbox's
but this may not always work for Analog phones because of the different signalling protocols in use.

can you confirm the handset in use

also are these sites configured as a SCN? if so are you using a centralized VM Pro server?

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Is this an SCN (systems linked) but with individual voicemail servers?

it should all simply be working
is there any firewall /port blocking on the link between this site & the site with the VM Pro server?

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

my thoughts exactly no everything is fine on the network side. which is why its baffling me. besides they can still access all there voice mails (new ones in there) just they don't know so have to keep checking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back