Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I2004 on SRG 50 time display problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbartlet

Technical User
Dec 29, 2005
US
I have about 40 I2004 sets on an SRG50 registered back to an 81c. At leaset four of the users complain their time keeps changing between their time (Mountain) and the host site time (Central). They are in seperate zone with -60 set as the time difference for that zone. Anyone ever seen this?

all the phones in the MO for the srg are all programmed in the same zone?

All phones at the SRG location are in the same zone with -60 set for the time adjustment. All IP phones at the host site are in a seperate zone with no time adjustment. Most of the time all phones show the correct time. However three or four of them phones at the SRG site change back to central time then a little while later will go back to their correct time.

what is the time on the srg?
maybe they are skipping into Local Mode operation and the users don't notice....

you can:
prt a tnb of the phones to confirm zones.
when the time difference occurs either:
-log into the SRG and click on SRG and verify if phones are in Normal mode or local
-and/or have the users look at the phone- depending what was programmed to display on the phone when it is in local.

Phones do not go into local mode. However if they did the time on the SRG is correct.

Its a known problem with IP phones on CS1Kx platform, nortel has a bulletin out regarding IP phone and time problem. The problem will continue till April - nortel is still trying to determine what the cause is.

yyrkroon - wrong - the bulletin which you mentioned was only applicable to the ability for the IP Phone to display 29 Feb on that date.

Daily Saving Time change on i2002 and some i2004 sets. Problem:
An issue has been uncovered that has to do with Daylight Saving Time and i2002 sets. As the DST progresses through the April 2 timeframe, i2002 sets do not follow the time change as configured in the CS1k The i2004 sets and TDM sets have not shown the issue and follow the DST time change correctly.
Environment:
CS1000, Meridian 1 X21 4.0
Resolution:
The issue is under investigation and the present workaround is to advance the time by 1(one) minute in the Call Server (LD 2) after the time has progressed through the time change (2:00 am). This will correct the time on the i2002

that's from nortel soln search

yyrkroon good to know however i believe sbarlets issues are with i2004s.

Have you peeked at the firmware of the culprit phones? Are they the same as the phones not doing this? Are they a different phase?

Thanks for the information and suggestions. The problem however is with i2004 phones only and has occured since we installed the SRG in November (well before the leap year issue and the DST issue). All phones have the same firmware but only a few of them experience this problem. The time display changes from Mountain time to Central and eventually back to Mountain. The phone never goes into local mode.

i am have this trouble as well with a I2004 set

UPDATE: we have found that this is due to users accessing the directory feature on the i2004 set. When they go into to the directory the time changes to the CS1000 time which is in Central time. When the phone updates time again it changes back to the zone time which is set for Mountain time. We have loaded patch P21379 but it did not resolve the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back