Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I need some support for an IPO-500 - BAD! 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

welshrt

Programmer
Nov 17, 2009
Hi all. I have an IPO500 that I have been trying for months to get to work on a SIP trunk. I have tried with three different providers. The 500 will not even attempt to register with the provider, and any ping attempts in SysStat fail. Yet, I can ping it both internally and on the public internet.
Here is how it is set up - It is an IP Office 500 5.0.8. The LAN port (Lan1) is on the NAT side of our fence with an internal IP address. The WAN port (Lan2) is BEFORE the firewall with its own static public IP address.
We have a valid 5 channel SIP license. Slot one has a DLC8 with a 4 port Anl Trk, Slot 2 has a Phone 8, and slot 3 has a VCM 32. We have 3 H323 IP phones running internally on LAN1. We are trying to use SIP over LAN 2. We have the network topology and account info set by the book, I have run traces, and yet, it will NOT even attempt to register with the provider.
We have proven that the SIP line will work with our Panasonic TDA50 and Vertical SBX, so there is obviously something wrong in the 500 itself.
Is anyone willing to provide some good IPO SIP tech support for a nominal fee? If so, leave a way for me to contcat you here and we can talk turkey.

Normally a SIP trunk will only register when making your first outbound call, I have found the IPO will not register a regsiter type SIP trunk without making the first call out.

Can you SIP provider offer a non registered style SIP trunk (Trusted IP based)?

you should see it in the system status, I can see mine if it is set to register with the SIP provider as in service.
can you post a config or a screenshot of your SIP configuration. Also make sure that you have in the system programming checked on that SIP proxy enabled in System-LAN2 - gatekeeper (I forgot that one and it cost me dearly).
Also you need to have an IP route for it so that it can find the way to the SIP provider.
a config would be easiest, you can also e-mail it if you like rather then posting it on the Internet.
67 MyHandle AT gmail dot com
I can not promise that I will find the bug but I will sure try

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS (downgraded again)

insanity is just a state of mind

I had something like this before try defaulting your box set up your sip routes and put in to Static routes in the IP routing TAB one for VoIP and the other for SIP signaling. I found I had an issue if I just used a single default route 0.0.0.0

[cheers]

It is not that hard to setup so i guess you need to call your business partner and let them set it up for you.

Already calling an IP500 BAD while you talk about a DLC8 which does not exist for an IP500.
Go on course and try again.

I really do not like it when some one calls the IP500 BAD because you do not know how it works!

You know some other products so i guess you have experience.
Go to the sip line and press the help button.

ACS IP Office or is it ACSS :)
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

TIP will register immediately when Registration Required is ticked and reregister every X seconds as in the SIP Trunk Settings but will not send any reg requests if it hasn't got an ip route.

I guess the bad was meant as he needs help bad not the IP500 is bad
at least that is how I understood it. I can fell for welshrt because I had to come here as well because I was playing with my first SIP install (my home) and got really desperate and while playing with settings I unchecked the "SIP proxy enabled" button and had to get flak for that.
welshrt
you can nevertheless answer maybe to some suggestions made here so we know you are still interested in solving the problem. Nothing is worse then someone posting a question and never responding after that. Nobody means anything nasty here even if you get some beatings but you need to let us know that you are still there.

Is anybody else having speed problems today with Tek-Tips?

Joe W.

Yep annoyingly slow!!!!

welshrt - Are you in Wales? I'm in Cardiff if that's anywhere near you?

Chedz

I think we are back it is fast again.

Joe W.

Hi guys. Sorry I am so late to get back, but could not get on the 'net this morning. Here are some answers...

1) This is my first SIP install.
2) I am in Denver, CO
3) I did NOT say the 500 was bad - I needed HELP bad.
4) I was referring to a Dgtl Sta 8 card instead of a DLC8. I figured y'all would know what I meant.
5) How do you set the IP route for the sip? I set everything in LAN 1 and 2, SIP Line, and Incomming call routes and a short code (8 in this case)

I have included a copy of my config file. Thanks so much to all of you who are trying to help me out. :)

welshrt, the attachment feature is for links only it doesn't upload a file and so we can't download it :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Goto IP route TAB on IP Office manager and right click new route

Have a look at the help file but you will need some sort of route to get SIP traffic to the next router

Example 0.0.0.0/255.255.255.255/Route Address/LAN 1 or 2

[cheers]

OK ALL - IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!! You folks who told me to build a 0.0.0.0 IP Route - that was the whole issue! Thanks so much to all of you for your help! I was about to chuck this thing out the window but now it works great!!! Thanks a million!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back