Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hunt Group: Play entire announcement on queue 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortigan

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2009
US
I have a hunt group that has a VM Pro start point for "Queued" that points to a generic action that plays a custom call recording announcement. This announcement works fine however once a caller selects the HG and the announcement starts playing the system immediately begins alerting the HG members. Is there a way to ensure that the entire announcement plays before any users get alerted? Any assistance is appreciated.

IPO 500 running 5.0.15
Manager running 7.0.15
Voicemail Pro

Let me know if I can provide any further information that may be helpful.

Thanks,
Joe

Is this a queue message or an announcement customers need to hear??

If they nned to here it you will need to configure your calls to hit that first an then transfer to the group.

The IP will play Q'ing messages wile ringing phones, so if an agent answers the call in the middle of the message, they won't hear it all. There is no way to change this and have proper Q'ing.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

No, the reason being the call is queued to be answered and it is the action of them answering that pulls them out the queue and so is stopping the recording, if you want to ensure the full announcment is played have the call routed through a call flow in VM that plays the message before placing the caller into the queue via a transfer :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Well, it's kind of both. Its a general message that I'd like all callers to hear that thanks them for their patience etc and also announces the potential for call recording. I also have setup a STILL QUEUED announcement that is working perfectly. So should I be routing the call to the announcement first then after the announcement is played route to the HG with VM Pro?

Thanks,
Joe

Yes, as I said above :)

Ah, Thanks Andy, I was typing my response as you were addressing this. I'll make those changes and do some testing. This seems like it will work fine, it just never occurred to me to set it up this way.

Thanks everyone,
Joe

Also if you are legally required to warn that calls may be recorded you can't have the warning in the queued message, as you can't guarentee the call isn't going to be answered straight away and therefor not getting the warning :)

Andy,

This is exactly what I'm looking to setup and why I'm trying to refine my call flow. I've had the announcement in place for a while now but have not been recording calls. I recently purchased additional VM Pro ports which will allow us to record calls without our VM system getting congested so I started testing to make sure we were covered legally. That's when I found that the calls drop the QUEUED message when the call is answered and realized that I once again need the help of this fine community.

As you may or may not know I'm not a PBX tech. I'm a Network Admin who basically fell into the responsibility of managing the PBX. I think I've done a pretty good job of figuring it all out but would not have had any success if it was not for the help of this community. I give stars but want to make sure you all know how much I appreciate the help.

Thank you!

<3
Joe

in the UK you dont need to warn of calls being recorded - as long as its written somewhere a customer / consumer can read the fact they may be recorded, like on the companies web site.

but Im not sure if you are in the UK or now ;-)

Ill have a look - its only because a colleague went through the legal process a while back that he knows.

if you play the prompt in the Start Point of the Queued it will play this before ringing the group.

TT, how can it? It doesn't look the queued start point until it has already rung the group for the first announcment timer :)

Indeed it will not play before the ringing.
Also putting it in de start point have done strange things in the past !!!!

Best is to use a module and routing it to the group.
Basic stuff !

ACSS - SME (IP Office)
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Or use the autorecord module...

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

but if you set announcement timer to 0 it does. agreed, not the way i would do it but does work! defeats the purpose of a queue message.

TheTaker, then it begins with the message but also rings the phone.
He wants that the complete message is played and the chance for that is very small when there is an agent free.

Normally i agree with this slution, even when there is a better solution.

ACSS - SME (IP Office)
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Let the call go to a virtual user, turn on Queue on that user. Time how long the wav file is then create a group put in the virtual user set the overflow timer to the leght of the wav file and let it over flow to the next group, then on that group only turn on "Still Queued" and let that repeat the "please hold" file.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back