Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How to stop sending a VDN ani through the call flow

Status
Not open for further replies.

tciotti2003

Technical User
Jan 3, 2012
US
Hello All;

Here is the issue. Callers call into a VDN. This is for after hours. The call is then sent via a vector to another VDN/vector which flows to an after hours VM box asking to have the caller leave a message. VM box is a virtual station 4631. Problem is that VDN 5000's ANI info is sent through the call so when it hits the VM, the VM system sees 5000 and since there is no VM box for that it will tell the caller to ahng up. Any thoughts??

what vector command are you using to direct the call to 4631?

What about using the "messaging skill xx for extension xxxx" Then you would not need the phantom extension.

Thanks for the response...Can't use the messaging skill. Connected to an AVST and when I tries that it came back and said the hunt group wasn't admin's as a message type. To get to 4631 VDN variable is being used...V1..Cannot send it directly using a route to step due to the way this customer has other VDN/vectors setup. Oh, by the way, This is SIP integrated which seems to be a real problem for us, so far

what about trying to change the private numbering table so that voicemail sees the 5000 as 4631...

change private-numbering 4 ext-digits 5000 Page 1 of 2
NUMBERING - PRIVATE FORMAT

Ext Ext Trk Private Total
Len Code Grp(s) Prefix Len
4 5000 4631 4

ext len = 4
ext code = 5000
trk grp(s) = leave blank
private prefix = 4631
total len = 4

Thanks but that didn't solve. Did I mention that this started with the Session and System Mgr installation? Come to find out via the AVST call traces that the session mgr is not sending out enough of a call history string...So I see the 5000 is being sent out but that's it. Yee Haw! SIP integration!

tciotti2003,
Have you been able to resolve this issue. I am have the same trouble.
Thanks

Thanks to all who replied. I have Avaya engaged on this and will post the outcome.

If you are using Audix:
You may also can create in MM:

"within the Audix; Do a change auto att routing ;go to the routing table and insert incoming number "5000" and day and night mail box will be "4631"

Hello All...So I found resolution with Avaya. Avaya pointed me torwards the AVST VM System. The fix was to add the "front door" VDN to private and/or publick unknown tables masking it to the appropiate mailbox extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back