Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How not to write a headline 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Santa, thank you much.
Those are a riot.

~
Chuck Norris is the reason Waldo is hiding.

Army vehicle disappears"

At least they know the camouflage works!

Those are great Santa, Christmas in July.

[xmastree]

'One-armed man applauds the kindness of strangers'

Simply genius.

Very Zen!

A little disclaimer because some of you may not see it the same way. I use Firefox, and one of the RSS on my google homepage is CNN - US.
The headline on the RSS reader:

[blue]Bush lands in Texas; Residents urged to leave[/blue]

Actual article (although title isn't much better there):
Here

~
Don't take life too seriously, its not permanent anyways.

THIS has got to be one of the best yet, I think. No, it isn't a news headline, it's a product listing for a new remote control.
[ROFL2][ROFL2][ROFL2][ROFL2][ROFL2][ROFL2]

Check it out:
Under "Features":
The Air Music Remote enables you to navigate, play media, and take complete control of your digital music library from the comfort of your couch using RF technology without line-of-sight limitations and [HIGHLIGHT]a range of up to 30 mm.[/HIGHLIGHT]

Wow! You mean I can FINALLY sit up to 1 FOOT away from my t.v. and control EVERYTHING?! WOW! Simply WOW! [wink]

Still laughing over this one. This manufacturer's keyboards, mouses, and remotes are supposedly some of the best around if you read the reviews.
[ROFL2][ROFL2][ROFL2][ROFL2][ROFL2][ROFL2]

I happen to know that is supposed to say 30 METERS, not MILImeters, as I've looked at those remotes recently - the model just before this new one.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Even better than 1 foot - 30mm is about 1.25 inch!

So I guess you hit the buttons on the TV with the remote, right?

But from that close, you'll ruin your eyesight... ;-)

p5

OOPS!!!!
[blush]

Yeah, that IS hilarious!!!

And boy, did I goof up. I missed the 0 in the MS Calculator Plus App. It's a pretty handy little calculator for calculating conversions between all sorts of measurements.

--

Here's one the writer had too much fun with: Homeless homing pigeon creates flap.

Here's a quote from the article:
Don and Fran Roy of Manchester have traced the bird — which they have named "Trouble" to a Pennsylvania man who races pigeons. . . . The Roys told the New Hampshire Union Leader they have contacted animal shelters, people who rehabilitate injured wild animals and even run an ad, but no one wants Trouble.

James P. Cottingham
-----------------------------------------
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Odd, I always seemed to have the problem of Trouble finding me ...

~
Don't take life too seriously, its not permanent anyways.

Just saw this headline on my ISP's homepage:

Cubs' Soto scratched with sore hand

9/19/2008 1:04:00 PM
CHICAGO - All-Star catcher Geovany Soto has been scratched from the Cubs' lineup against the St. Louis Cardinals because of a sore left hand and is day to day.

Cubs' Soto scratched with sore hand
Yeah, if I had to scratch something, it would be with my good hand [lol].

Nullum gratuitum prandium.
--Sleipinir214

I worked at a wholesalers years ago and we sold some children's Musical Mobiles with a Revolving Display.
They came in a nice box with very clear writing
Code:
Musical Mobiles With Revolting Display

Keith

Given your username, that's clearly what turned you on to your professional perversion -- I mean, penchant.

Tao Te Ching Discussions : Chapter 9 (includes links to previous chapters)
What is the nature of conflict?

Found a new one. This isn't a badly worded headline, as it is just a couple of headlines side by side in badly chosen locations. [wink]

See images below, or click on link (just don't know if it will be the same by the time you click the link:
NewsWeekStress-1.png

--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back