Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How many connections does W2K support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donalo

Technical User
Aug 14, 2001
GB
I've had experience in the past with Win NT 4.0 giving up the ghost once the maximum of 10 connections are being made. Does anyone know how many simultaneous connections Win2K pro supports??

Is there any way of increasing the amount of allowed connections?

Thanks,
Gord

Not that i'm aware of, the only way around is to use Windows 2000 server, that has licence options from 10 to lots... It's a real pain in the arse for network rendering i've found.

I have problem with idle sessions resulting from the same computer accessing shared folders on my system. It leaves multiple sessions with no user, that prevents any more users to login once the 10 limit is reached. Is there a way to auto disconnect these idle sessions?

Thanks

Did u find out how to hack the registry to get more than 10 simultaneous connections

dougtsc - the answer is you need a server version of windows - though I do recall someone else with this issue some months ago did say they found a method of 'enhancing' either 2k or XP Pro (so you might want to try searching here).

Linux is unlimited in the number of connections, except for bandwidth. And it's free. And it's not Bill Gates.

Newposter
"Good judgment comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgment."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back