Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How access meridian Mail with Procomm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bishank

Technical User
Feb 1, 2005
US
I am able to connect to the Nortel PBX using Procomm

I get the message OVL013 at wich point i hit F4 to gointo Meridian Mail.
But nothings happens.

I was wonderng how to setup procomm to us the function keys?

depends on the term setup in mail. most of us up the baud rate from the default 1200 so it matches the switch. crtl r repaints the screen, try 8 none and one at 12,24,48 and 9600 baud. if you use term emulation vt320, that allows the app to define the f keys, but on my procomm, f5 is the 1st soft key.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

First at the ">" you need to put in "AX" then for the F keys go into keyboard editor, in Procomm Plus, and program the following; F6 as "^[[17~", F7 as "^[[18~",
F8 as "^[[19~", F9 as "^[[20~", and F10 as "^[[21~" (exclude the quotation marks). Then save the keyboard as whatever type of TTY you are using, I use VT102 but everyone has there own preference. Then F6 to F10 will work just like the terminal in the switchroom.

that's strange, my f keys start with

Code:
^[OP then ^[OQ

but mail programs those if your term type ends in 20.. i moved those to f1 thru f5 once and drove myself and everyone else crazy. i had for gotten about the ax, not a big opt 11 fan

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

My setting are.....

Terminal: VT-102
Protocol: ZModem
Dara Options: Normal Options
Sctipts: [None]
Capture:[None]

Modem is set to....

Port Speed: 1200
Data Protocol: Standard EC
Compression: Enabled
Flow Control: Hardware

I seem to be able to get into the switch fine. But I cant get into Mail.

If I am at the terminal in the switchroom. I would turn on the terminal. Hit enter when testing flashes on the screen. Hit F4 then Control+r . This would bring up Meridian Mail.

But when I hit F4 in Procomm then Control+r. nothing happens. What am doing wrong?

Oh my F4 key is mapped to ^[OS

the f4 connects to a diff port on the dumb term, you can't access the mail from that modem unless your in an opt 11 and have the aux tty port configured.. from the discription of the access steps you use in the switchroom, your using the term as two unique terms.. the modem connects to just the switch.. on a larger switch, you usually have a secondary modem, with an a b box, one for the term the other for the modem on the mail side.. mer has one maint port, since your using f4, it is connected to the term. that rules out the opt 11, that mail only uses the ax command.. get a second modem...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

In the switchroom the modem connects to one port on a card and the other port is connected to the term. So I cant connect another modem.

I actualy don't want to touch as it gets a bit touchy when you do,

Thanks.

neuromancer480.. what kind of nortel switch are you working with.

the mail has one port. usually to a ab box, that gives you two outputs. one for the term one for a modem then you can switch between them

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

What I am working with is a Nortel Meridian 1 voice mail conected to aTELCOM QRF 12B SERIES D RECTIFIER. Where on Meridian Mail R12.

I talked to a manager about this today and it seems that when they it was installed. They never configured mail to to be dialed into. Only the switch.

Thanks for the help.

neuromancer480...understand meridian mail what pbx switch
opt11c,61c,81c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back