Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help connecting external music source 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

billb1981

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2006
US
I have a nortel option 11c, trying to connect an external music source (muzak box)

The actual line out is RCA type plug on the muzak box (a single wire) supposed to connect to the PBX, however this particular system doesn't just have a "connection" So I'm curious if I need to punch something down?

After doing a PRT MUS on the system, I've found it's located on 007 07. The muzak system has external power, so I guess what I'm confused about is what I punch down where....

Any help would be appreciated

it's been so long, what is your switch type

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

opt 11, never mind (cow)

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Also I can't figure out how to configure loop 30 to be the conference loop, to assign it the 7 7 TN of the music, any thoughts?

i don't play with the 11 that much, might start another question about that. on larger switches you have to have a conf card per group, on an 11 you just need one conf loop for music per the book

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Alright I'll do that, any other thoughts as to the main problem as to why the recepitionist puts people on hold and they get air...would that relate to this conf loop thing?

do you have a ranf entry in your cdb

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Good question....

I've checked in ld 21, and prt cdb, where in that would I find the ranf entry?

Try a call in and have the att put you on hold. Have the att push release. Should get music then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back