Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Help connecting external music source 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

billb1981

IS-IT--Management
Mar 21, 2006
US
I have a nortel option 11c, trying to connect an external music source (muzak box)

The actual line out is RCA type plug on the muzak box (a single wire) supposed to connect to the PBX, however this particular system doesn't just have a "connection" So I'm curious if I need to punch something down?

After doing a PRT MUS on the system, I've found it's located on 007 07. The muzak system has external power, so I guess what I'm confused about is what I punch down where....

Any help would be appreciated

I turned CLS mta on the set which I'm using, it doesn't seem to work.

My main concern is when the ATT puts someone on hold, they don't get music. How can she put people on hold the same way everyone else does?

On your post, your music rout is Rout 10, so in every external route you will need to add this to your MUS option. In your RDB, change MUS to YES, and you will be prompted for the route, which is 10. Check to see where calls are coming into the receptionist. It is possible those are on a different route, and since you are using an Opt 11, music is available to every trunk you can build.

Also, make sure you have Loop 30 configured as a confference loop, since that is what the TN (7-7) is using to broadcast your music across.

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

Make your set TGAR = 0 and add CLS = UNR

MTA is Maintenance Allow - not applicable to dialing route access codes. (it aqpplies to seizing TNs, but only when the set is in LD36)

To be in the telecom club, you need at least one phone with: TGAR 0 and CLS UNR. More respect if you have CLS=HPR, CFXA, CFHA, WTD, POA. You kick butt with KEY x OVR (Override key)

Also, there is a lot of info handy - not everything, but this 75 kb PDF is quite valuable if you have not looked at the book it came from. Just a thought. This directory has the PDF from the NTPs...like 8 pages is all.

Promise you will never set the LD15 Customer Datablock "MUS" prompt to "YES" because the only thing it does is add music to internal station to station calls and everyone will hate you... and lose faith that it is possible to have music on external trunks only.

~

Thanks guys for the info, I appreicate it, thanks for the .pdf links too....

Scott-

How would I check to see the calls coming into the recepitionist, and from there I'll post the results and maybe you can help me put it on her route.

Thanks again,

-Bill

Well, I guess that is part of the mystery. What numbers do people call to get to your receptionist? If you know that, then you need to know what route those call enter your PBX on.

I do not remember if this will work on a console, but ask her to put the call on hold, then return to a call. She should then see the trunk group and member she is talking to. That will tell you the trunk group. Keep in mind this will only show the trunk ACOD and member, so you should know which ACOD belongs to which trunk group. Once you have that, add music to it, just like stated above.

Try to get that info, then see if MOH is on that trunk group.

Scott M.

I've looked up all my RDB's and each one of them have MUS=yes and MRT=10

Anything I'm missing?

The only other place I can think of is the Attendant console itself. Look in the ATT gate opener in the CDB as well as the config in LD 12.

Scott M.

i want to say that your looking for a cdb option that is not turned on.. do a search on ld 15 for mus.. might get lucky.. i've got to answer an email, will the work ever stop?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Scott- How would I look that up? I'm not familiar with the gate opener thing

How do I search for something on ld 15, the only commands I get are chg, end, new and out.

In LD 21, do this:
Code:
REQ  PRT
TYPE CDB
CUST 0
FEAT ATT

then enter
Disclaimer: I no longer have a Nortel PBX to access, so my prompts may be a little off

For the console, use LD 20 and print the ATT DN, then use the TN associated with it to print the TN. You make changed to the CDB in LD 15, changes to the ATT in LD 12.

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

What does this do for me?

ATT_DATA
OPT AHD BIND BIXA BLA
DNX IC1 XTG IDP XLF IBL
FKA MWUD LOA
REA SYD ATDA
ATDN 0
NCOS 4
CWUP YES
CWCL 1 3
CWTM 0 0
CWBZ NO YES
EFLL 0
MATT NO
RTIM 30 30 30
ATIM 20
AQTT 30
AODN 1888
SPVC 00
SBLF NO
RTSA RSAD
SACP NO
ABDN NO
IRFR NO
XRFR NO
IDBZ NO
PBUZ 02 10
ICI 00 LD0
ICI 01 LD1
ICI 02 LD2
ICI 03
ICI 04
ICI 05
ICI 06
ICI 07 IAT
ICI 08 DL0
ICI 09 RLL
RICI
AWU_DATA
AWU NO
CAS_DATA

I guess what I'm wondering is why is my "hold" button any different than hers?

LD21 prints ATT_DATA or just "CDB" for Customer Datablock

LD12 changes physical console keys on the far right on the board.

LD15 changes the Attendant DN or any other customer data block items

LD22 (or 20) prints the TN if you know the DN

LD20 (or 22) prints the DNs on a TN when you know the TN

Here:
There need to be some things a person finds out on their own to learn.

~

Yeah you're probably right, I should learn how to do this on my own, but seeing as how I'm not a phone guy by nature, and if I bring down the phone system, I'm in deep doo doo! Thanks for the link.

is there a command to add another hold button?

no key 0 hld was qpc 30's..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

can you clarify that for me John? I'm confused, if we speak in computer terms I'd understand...again thanks for all of your help, you guys have saved me, i'm just mad i can't figure out why they can't get music when they call in on the main line and put on hold. using transfer works, but "hold" doesn't

He means QCW3, an older console.

If you have a "Transfer" button, then you are not using a "Console" but rather a phone. Just making sure we are all together.

~

I should clarify, the transfer button is on my 2616, where it works with music on hold. I just can't understand why the 2250 hold feature doesn't work. I've tried calling from the outside in, having her put me on hold, no music, called from my 2616, had her put me on hold, still nothing. Any other troubleshooting ideas? I know I'm so close on this.

-B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back