Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Happy Belated 10th birthday IP Office 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarGoSki

Programmer
Mar 11, 2005
US

I started working on these in 2003 with R1.3. I immediately both loved and hated it. Loved it cause it was cool and hated it cause the 403 was kinda grumpy and like playing with explosives. Boom. There goes the config.

I really liked the 406V2 and now I am rather fond of the IP500V2. The day I programmed spam calls to route back to the received ID was a particularly happy day. Ah the memories...

So happy belated birthday to you.

Now, I've routed spam calls to disconnect but back to itself, that's genius. Thanks

I got in around 2005 with 3.0
It was love at first sight.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Me too got in touch with it in 2005 with 3.0(40).

It was HATE at first SIGH.

Then I started loving

Now I started hating the avaya support....

:)

Me and Nortel divorced and I am dating the IPO now. I think I love her but not sure. We are in the learning phase. I do feel like slapping her sometimes though.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

I started with the Network Alchemy 1.1 > 2.1 and then got back with the IPOffice on 3.2 :)

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

This forum and the member of it has/have helped at least 50x more people than Avaya support ever has, I can say for for certain :)

Went to 1.4 boot camp. the last day there r2.0 came out.

Agree with amriddle01, this forum been the boots on the ground for Avaya, they are extremely lucky to have it as Avaya's websites and tech support has alot of improving to do. The people of this forum are the lifeblood of Avaya, not the office jockeys complicating every process.

I too am dating the IPO after a hot/cold relationship with Nortel!

I'm very happy not having to deal with printing DESIs for those tiny buttons! - but I'm not quite ready to think about marriage yet... :)

Been here since the 1.3 release. I agree this forum has been a better resource than Avaya support. There are even some user created resource sites from some of the members here that are from real world. Sure do appreciate these people and this site.

Just TODAY I came across the VMPro training workbook from my first training in April 2002. IPO was just being released and Accenture was just taking over training for Avaya. The instructor was working from the help screens just like we were...

Had a course just when 1.2 was released and the trainer gave his first course and had less of a club than the colleague I went with. Loved the features hated (and still do) the reboot but at least you don't have to reboot for everything any more.
Getting again to the point where Avaya is losing it and should do more testing but seems marketing dictates the pace of releases and not common sense and engineers.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

ah the good old days....Not. who remembers the old 401 where you could upgrade the ports with a kit?

I'm new compared to most of you. I started this game on the tail end of release 5.0. Even with its quirks, the IPO beats the Nortel stuff I used to work on in the 10 years prior.

Ive been married to the IP Office for a while now. We get along most times, but I just dont like it when her parents (Avaya) try to give me a rectal probe every now and then. (licensing, bugs, fast releases)

ACSS - SME
General Geek

1832163.png

Yes, the mother in law can be a bit annoying once on a while :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I remember saving my first config on a 403 back in the 2.1 range. I was terrified as the reboot took about 5 minutes and I thought I bricked the unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back