Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

guilt feeling to change jobs 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigma

Programmer
Jul 30, 2003
NO
Hi,

my situation is like this.about 4 years ago when i was in a desperate need of a job and after being turned down by many companies, my present company offered me a job.

Its a small company with about 15 employees.Its doing OK ,but not very well,hence the salary is not what one expects.

Recently,all of a sudden most of the senior people have left and now I am the only person left who knows anything about our software package.We have taken new employees ,but all of them are at the trainee level.So a lot depends on me now.

Now , I have got a job offer which will give me a salary three times what I get now.
However I just cannot get myself to tell my current boss that I want to leave.Because that would mean putting my company in serious trouble.

we have a lot of programs and it is like there are calls from customers every day that we have to attend.because of the size of the packages we have and their complexity, I would require atleast 2 months to train the new people.

but my new job cant wait that long.

So as you see I am in a dilemma now.I consider my present boss as a sort of father figure ,for helping me when i needed it most.Now if I leave ,it would be like ditching him.

How do I get out of this situation?

Actually, that should be "eggggsselent"
Mr. Burns style!

That's pretty good, guys! I hadn't thought of that!

Maybe it should be more along the lines of "Woo-Hoo!", or "Mmmm...Payback..."

Hope This Helps!

Ecobb

"Alright Brain, you don't like me, and I don't like you. But lets just do this, and I can get back to killing you with beer." - Homer Simpson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back