Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Grouping in reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondjames

Technical User
Mar 25, 2021
IN
I have to join 2 tables table1 is purchase details written 1 below the other as basic price tax1 debit in next line tax2 debit in 3rd text 3 debit and rounding off which can be debit or credit and party total as credit . In this table it has id number connected to master ID indicating name of the party or taxes and rounding off.
Want to make a report so that I get reports from to option with bill details written in 1 line like Bill date Bill no party name cr at tax1 name amount debit tax2 debit amount tax3 debit amount rounding off if there db/credit and bill total
Please can anyone help

HI,
you must create cursor first to join table then from cursor you just take a report with detail band for id.

thank you sir for your reply i have joined the tables but as i am new i cannot understand how to get it on the report as
if you can see it just shows 1 bill number without the description will be obliged if you can advice by telling me indetail what should i do so i learn will really be obliged
regards

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=81f93ac9-02b6-42b7-b6a8-4630025ecd13&file=pucontra.dbf
i don't understand what the report you want it.
would you please send me sample report you want it and what column you want it.
what dbf you send it, it is dbf for a report?

The best way to get good advice for a question like this is to show us the original data and the result you want. By show us, I mean include code to create an example, something like:

[pre]
CREATE CURSOR MyFirstTable (...)
INSERT INTO MyFirstTable VALUES (...)
[/pre]

Do something like that for each table involved, and then for what you want the result to look like.

Tamar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back