Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davidp41

Programmer
Sep 17, 2023
GB
I am an amateur programmer, though I did use VFP5 to develop a program to catalogue dog shows. I am now producing an application, after a gap of several years, to print monthly invoices for my bridge club members. I have been following earlier discussions on Tek-Tips and have installed Foxypreviewer. I can produce the report for an individual member but the problem I am having is changing the name from invoices.frx to SmithJ.
The code I used in the command window is to get it to work is
REPORT FORM invoices FOR ebu_number = ebNum;
OBJECT TYPE 10;
TO FILE "c:\users\userpc\documents\invoices\.CarterP.pdf")
When I tried this using a memory variable it failed.
Advice or help would be much appreciated.

You are welcome. Glad you have a solution that is working.

Greg

That's about the idea I had, including a timeout. If it really takes a few seconds to generate a PDF that's okay that way, otherwise make the sleep interval shorter and the max lnLoopCnt higher. You might also let the user exit with a key by checking INKEY(), too.

But I'd also look into where that line comes from in the report designer or, if you don't find it there, USE your.frx as a table and look for a record with OBJTYPE=6.

Chriss

The line was invisible. Clicked on it and deleted it.

Good to hear there really was a line object. Not sure what you mean with "it was invisible".
If a line is out of sight by being moved into the grey title area of a band it may be in "no mans land", but would still be printed, there also is no visible property, reports work totally different from forms, there only is a print when expression you can set to print it conditionally or not. Where it was it seemed like a line someone thought would go away by moving off the white band area, but since bands are repeated also things with negative coordinates appear above the normal band area.

So the FoxyPreviewer actually does it better, even though the outcome with Bullzip is better for you. Nevermind, if it works don't break it now by trying to get it converted with FoxyPreviewer, too. I bet the "scale contents, fill the frame" setting for the image would also solve the last problem. Anyway, you already got it done with Bullzip now.

Chriss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back