Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Goodbye to one of our members kholladay.... 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

gknight1

Programmer
Jul 27, 2006
US
I just wanted to inform everyone that Kyle Holladay has passed away. He will be greatly missed. He has given a tremendous amount of information to all of us and donated a lot of his time on this forum and the IP Office. All that is known is that he passed away in his sleep Monday night. Please keep his family in your prayers.

Very sad news, RIP Kyle. He helped me a lot on this forum. He'll be greatly missed.

Just seen this, my depest condolences to his family and friends. he was a genuine helper to all fellow tek tippers.

Inter.bmp

Rip Kyles...

Jimmy Cormier, Quebec City, Canada
Sorry, I’m french !
15xBCM/SRG,CS1000,23xIP Office,14xVmpro,
10x contactstore,Call Manager,AES,Nice Recording,Callsweet,IEX Totalview,Symposium,Callpilot,Kofax,

I think I will repost the link that amriddle01 posted above to keep it fresh and maybe someone wants to add to it.
Click Here Please
this will bring you to the obituary and you can post some nice words. I also urge you to read the post of Kyle's daughter and make sure you got some Kleenex on hand otherwise you might drip into your keyboard.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

Yea, that was most definitely hard to read! I would also like to thank the members here who strive to keep his legacy alive via his website. He helped so many and will not be forgotten.

bump up to first page again. Way to early to go and vanish on the second or later pages.

Joe W.

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

Just used Kyles "HOWTO: Configure Windows DHCP for Avaya IP telephones" and sent it to a new customers IT. Thanks Kyle!

another bump

Please feel free and post via the links provided in posts above by amriddle01 and myself for the family

Joe W.

I have found a thread that is very amusing and shows how patient Kyle was with people and I envy that as I am sometimes a bit abrupt and come over too strongly.

Please feel free and give him a few posthumous stars and ensure he get a last MVP title on Tek-Tips

Joe W.

Even though I am now out of the business, I periodically check this site. I am so sorry to hear the news. He helped me a lot in learning the IPO and we had email correspondence some. May God help his family.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

A sad day for all. One of the true superstars. I mention his site in every class I do, and will continue to do so. RIP and thank you.

As we book travel to Demver for Techmasters (now Jumpstart) It sucks that Kyle wont be there. His booming voice, letting Avaya know his dis-satisfaction.... will be missed, greatly.

Damn - whilst I didn't have much interaction with Kyle what I did have was always positive.

Such a shame to lose an obviously nice guy at such a young age.

RIP.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back