Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Goodbye to one of our members kholladay.... 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

gknight1

Programmer
Jul 27, 2006
US
I just wanted to inform everyone that Kyle Holladay has passed away. He will be greatly missed. He has given a tremendous amount of information to all of us and donated a lot of his time on this forum and the IP Office. All that is known is that he passed away in his sleep Monday night. Please keep his family in your prayers.

wow that just hit me like a ton of bricks.

I now know why he did not respond to my emails and I have not even a clue where he actually lived.

Sadly missed by lots of us and may he find his IP Offices on the other side working flawlessly with all the features he ever wanted.

[sad]

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME), ACIS (SME)

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

Westi, he did not respond here anymore also.
I thought he was annoyed or something like that.
I really wonder what caused this.
Not that it matters but i have the idea that this was going on for a while already.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I never knew the man but the depth of his knowledge was huge, and i think hundreds or thousands of us benefitted from his freely published explanations and procedures. Dang! A fine guy.

What a loss. He was helpful, humble, and a salt of the earth guy. God Bless.

I have never known him, but all I know is that he helped us, for free, so many times with his posts and his website. This does matter, because helps to understand how was he. A part condolences to the family, which I hope someone will be able to forward to, I would say him "Thank You" for all he wanted to share here.

Ciao Kyle

Walter

RIP Kyle and my thoughts go out to his family

APSS
ACIS
ACSS

Guys I am not sure if you already left a comment on the site that amriddle posted above but please do so if you can. I am sure that his family will find it somewhat comforting, as far as that is possible, that he was so liked and respected by us here on Tek-Tips and that is further reaching than most people will ever experience. We are a world wide community of techs (geeks or whatever you want to call us) and we should let the family know it because I am sure that they do not know the extend of the Tek-Tips family that we are.
It will be hardest on his children and I doubt that anything will be helping them in that regards but his wife might be able to find some strength in that and the children will in the future have the chance to go back to this site and find that out.

Joe W.

Give a tech a solution and he will be back tomorrow to ask you the next question, teach a tech how to read the manual and he will be able to solve the problems for a life time.

Thanks Kyle for all your efforts in supporting our industry internationally. Have peace.

Westi, i think Kyle lived in Aruba.

Inter.bmp

Very sad to hear, condolences to your friends and family.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Never personally knew him but helped me out alot on this forum and priceless "how to's" on his website. RIP you will be missed.

I am also very thankful for kyle, I only knew him through Tek Tips and I am very thankful for his knowledge. Especially in the first years of my IP Office life. Thank you all and GOD bless and strengthen his family.

i actually talked to kyle a few times and remember him being in colorado, I am very sorry to hear this and my prayers go out to his family.

So young, so sad to hear this

RIP Kyle

What a tremendous loss. My thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

Be at peace Kyle....

I was on his site today looking at the exchange connector and smtp relay setups.

A star for you sir posthumously.

Carlos that is a splendid idea, I will give Kyle a star as well and post the thread link here in case someone wants to join in.

another star posthumously

Joe W.

another star posthumously

+1

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back