Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Foxypreviewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMSOFT

Programmer
May 31, 2013
ZA
Good day,

I'm using Foxypreviewer to preview my reports. Works great, Having an issue with the Font size being too large and the preview window cutting off RHS of page. Any reccomendations on how to fix please?

This might be to do with DPI Awareness - a topic we have discussed several times in this forum. (Alhtough I'm not aware of it being an issue with FoxyPreviewer.)

If so, the solution is to run this code near the start of your main program:

Code:
DECLARE INTEGER SetProcessDPIAware IN WIN32API
SetProcessDPIAware()

For further information, see thread184-1821313.

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Thank you, I've inserted the code you suggested. It sorted out the preview, but now the application doesn't launch in full screen, even though I have windowstate set to 2 (Maximized)

Foxyviewer_version_xqfuzb.png

See
A FoxyPreviewer prerequisite (requirement) is SP2, you run VFP9 without any SP and hotfix.
The service packs and the last hotfixes made some fixes in VFP reporting. Mikes advice about using DPI awareness might be more important about your specific issue, but it's advisable in general to upgrade your VFP9 IDE, the built exe and runtimes to SP2 Hotfix KB968409. It's explained in detail how to get there.

I'd also look into the overview of VFP versions, SPs and Hotfixes from The Bereznikers:
Chriss

Hi FMSOFT,

- Latest version of FoxyPreviewer 2.99 is 2.99z41 - - VFP 9 (RTM, SP 1, SP2) don't work correctly in report behavior mode 90 (reportlistener) if DPI text size is different 100%
- How to fix? Answer is in Mikes' post.

mJindrova

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back