Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Field telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamoukh

Programmer
Nov 22, 2006
SY
hello:
I have got avery bg problem.
i want to connect a russian field telephone ( TA57 ) to meridian1 opt11 so can any one help me to do it?

What help do you need? whats the spec of set, Eg expected line voltage? the set termination (Rj11/ Rj45)? or do you need just to set up an Analog extn?

Remember if it doesn't work hit it harder

Scott UK

make it an analog, cls mnl ftr hot d 4 xxxx to the console.. unless the dial pad is compatable.. if it's a rotary model, then skip mnl and use cls dip

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

if your sidetone is a little loud, then your rec may be distorted.. use a resister to drop the voltage.. unless things have changed that is a lower voltage unit.. it will not hurt to operate it at a higher voltage..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

hello every body:
the broblem am handelling that i want to connect a field telephone ( TA-57 ) to my meridian1 system for military purpose with no voltage on the line from the PABX but just ring signal with 48v ( LB )type so can you help me?
with my best regards

Take the Battery out of the phone and hook it to a 500 type line card and program it as a Hot line to the Operator or some where else.

ace nailed it.. every field phone i've played with worked either local battery or common battery.. a ringdown would negates the need for a dial..

the 1st phone i installed was a common battery and had a crank on the side... and that phone will still work on a nortel.. connected to a trunk card

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

thank you:
i connect the field telephone to the trunk card but what about the ring to the telephone?
i want to send a ring to the field telephone.
so do you solved this problem?

hello:
the problm that i do not want to get any power from the PABX on the line so that why i used the trunk

Than your not going to be able to call it as there is no way to send ringing current.

that is my problem my friend so can you help me?

to send ring voltage to the station.. build your trunk as a cot, start type imm.. the build a rlb pointing to that route, then add a dsc pointing to the rlb.. might need to play with start type but that is the way i would attempt to build a workaround..

you can't switch the field phone to common battery? i know local battery is what makes field phone work but the ones i played with could use the common battery mode..

ta-312 (1969-76) usmc

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

because we are working with security PABX so we cant get the bat on the PABX for secuity

Your TA57 will not work with the Meridian!!!!!

DocVic

hello:
the TA-75 worked with the meridian on the co trk for incoming but the he problem is to send a ring voltage to it i tried what lohnpool send but the problem is that idiid not found the start on trunk programming but just in the NTPs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back