Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

External call -User and Audix answer at same time

Status
Not open for further replies.

masoncf

MIS
Aug 22, 2001
US
I have just had a new Definity and Audix installed in one of my Mexico sites. I am waiting on Avaya to get back to me, but they are being slow about it. Intermittently, I call down to one of the DID's and the user answers, but so does the users greeting from Audix (yes, at the same time). Audix drops shortly after. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks.

Is it just the one line that does it or universal for the system? I've had some quirky problems with Audix installs before but if it was a problem with the Audix it was always system wide. How is your integration being done and what ver. of Audix and Definity are you at? You say new so I assume R9 for the Definity and the latest Intuity.

As far as I can tell, it is system wide. You are correct with the versions. I'm not sure about the integration. I am not familiar with the Definity or Audix, and I have really only been involved as far as planning. Thanks. Cheryl

Cheryl,

From the Definity, use the command "lis con soft" to display the code version.

I suggest that you check the number of rings configured in the coverage path to the hunt group containing the Audix analogue extensions.

Each "ring" refers to a ring cycle (e.g. in the UK "ring ring").

I suggest that you configure for 3-4 ring cycles. This will be 6 to 8 individual audible rings before Audix picks up.

You will need these commands

disp sta NNNN
(note coverage path)
cha cov pat NN

Also, when a person receives a call & Audix picks up at the same time, the person can dial *9 to get Audix to drop the call.

You must be using Audix rather than Intuity Audix.

Hope this helps,

Giles

Giles, I was going to suggest the same thing in terms of cov pat but I've never encountered Audix picking up simultaneously w/a user. Is this a common thing? I've always found that once the call had gone to Audix, regardless of # of rings, it was gone. That's why I was trying to look at a possible integration problem or the possibility of wiring issues. This one has tickled my brain so any info you have regarding simultaneous pickup is appreciated.

Well, coverage path is set to 4 rings. Set to forward under busy, rna and DND. It's also an Intuity. I thank you both for your help. Cheryl

Cheryl, when this happens is the Intuity picking up before the prescribed number of rings? So, say, regardless of the number of rings, if the user picks up so does Intuity or is it only if the call rings a certain number of times that the two pick up together? If it is dependant on the number of rings that may be why you see it as intermittent, sometimes the user picks up before Intuity even tries. Maybe something to test there: if it rings the four times every time this occurs then we at least have a pattern to start working from.

It might take a couple of days to get this tested. We have a language barrier, and the site is not fully staffed yet. I'll do further testing and get back to you. Thanks. Cheryl

If the switch is a new R9.X switch, check the "change system coverage" form The default is to leave the call bridged on the phone when the Audix answers. I do not know why they set this as the default, but it did change on the new R9 load of Definity. I have not had time to check but I do believe that it is on the all 9.x loads, 92. and 9.5.

Chris

Chris: Forgive me, but I am not well versed in Definity. I am not seeing the field you are speaking of. Here is what is listed:Keep held SBA at Coverage Point? y
External Coverage Treatment for Transferred Incoming Trunk Calls? n
Immediate Redirection on Receipt of PROGRESS Inband Information? n
Maintain SBA At Principal? y
Call Forward Override? n
Coverage After Forwarding? y
Any of these look familiar???????
Thanks, Cheryl

Perhaps this is restricted. Correct me if I'm wrong here, Chris, but I know it's possible to "cha perm login"; a lot of restriction can be placed upon particular user-ids.

Leading on from what you were saying, Chris, about "The default is to leave the call bridged on the phone when the Audix answers", I guess Audix would keep a visible appearance on a digital terminal (?)

Cheryl - Perhaps someone has restricted your user-rights on the switch. Here in the UK this is quite common amongst maintainers.

Maxg ... That does not surprise me. Here in the UK, we're using an external Intuity Audix solution. This also does not take the call at the same time as the user.

I'm pretty sure, though, that standard fat/thin Audix-variants can do this.

So I'm betting that you have an Intuity ... Is that correct?
(If not maybe the configuration that Max mentions is coming into play.)

Look at the hunt group that is used for Audix. What set type are the ports defined for? 2500, MWI, D??16D, etc

Chris

Is the Audix a Definity Audix(the Audix that is internal to the switch). These Audix systems can be configured two ways. One way is for the audix to resemble a Digital display set. In this configuration the Definity PBX looks at the Audix as sort of a bridged terminal with delayed alerting. As with any bridged station you can pick up after audix answers the call. The other way of setting AUDIX is as a control link with an Ethernet or DCIU link to the switch. In this arrangement, the Audix removes the call appearance from the phone when it is transferred to Audix.

Leo V. Brown

Leo, According to Cheryl the VM is Intuity Audix:

masoncf (MIS) Aug 23, 2001
Well, coverage path is set to 4 rings. Set to forward under busy, rna and DND. It's also an Intuity. I thank you both for your help. Cheryl

Cheryl, the only difference I see in your coverage settings from mine (G3siV8 & Intuity MAP5 integrated through a CLAN) is Keep Held SBA at Coverage Point = n on mine but I'm not sure that would create the problem you describe.

I think Chris might have hit on something with the set type for the Audix ports, though.

If I list out one of the stations for the Audix, it says ADX16D. If I list out the hunt-group, it says group type is UCD-MIA. Don't know what that means. Thanks.

I believe, and I ask everyone to verify, that means I'm hunting the wrong animal here, the ADX16D points to Audix living in the switch not external to it, is that correct? The UCD-MIA is just the way calls are distributed: Uniform Call Distribution, Most Idle Agent.

We have a G3 with internal Definity Audix - and it keeps the calls that go to Audix bridged on the phone. Despite it bugging the heck out of my colleague, I regard it as a feature - if I just miss a call I can still grab it, and dial **9 to dump the Audix out of the call. I like it, don't know why you want you change it really..
Cheers
JDE

Well, understanding that she wants to get rid of it; it looks like Leo has the answer:

Leo, how does Cheryl go about setting the Audix as a control link so that the appearance is removed when Audix answers the call?

Leo, I guess that it's just something that my colleague's and I are not used to. If you could tell me how to change the setting, I would appreciate it. Maybe I will just let it ride for a couple more weeks and see if they still want to get rid of it. Thank you all for your help. Cheryl

I appears that you have a Definity Audix with DS (digital set) integration. The problem is this, with DS integration it uses a feature called call screening. To eliminate the use of this "feature" you must change your integration method to Audix. I hope you have an ECSS or MCC cabinet, because this can not be done on a Prologix cabinet (CMC). You will need to add a Processor Interface (TN765) to you switch and program a processor interface channel to do this.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back