Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Exporting / Importing saved IPO Manager Known Units 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

linklight

Technical User
Mar 6, 2007
CA
Hi all, is there a way to export all saved IPO Manager "Known Units" including IP, System Name, Mac, etc and import the file to a new Manager installation?
My Known Units file is set but is not visible in explorer for some reason.
I have found a way to import the IP addresses through a registry entry, but we need the system names to search and connect to the IPOs.

We manage over 160 IPOs, it will be a pain to have to manually input all info.

Thanks!

Its the usual silliness of Microsoft imposed rules of where apps can write files meeting the Avaya IP Office teams confusion over where IP Office Manager installs and with what permissions.

Through File | Preferences | Directories, I set my Known Units File to C:\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office Admin Suite\Manager\test.csv.

But because I hadn't installed the IP Office Admin suite with full Windows administrator rights, the file actually gets written to C:\Users\<my_username>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Avaya\IP Office Admin Suite\Manager\test.csv

The same happens to backup and locally saved configuration files. So either accept that and use the file where it is, or reinstall the admin suite with Windows administrator rights. Or move it to a different directory of your own outside of Program Files (x86) and change the Manager Known Units File setting to match.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

ps. you also need to enable the Show hidden files, folders, and drives option in Windows Explorer/File Manager.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back