Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Enter Authorization code prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

skaval24

Vendor
Mar 9, 2010
ZM
Hi

Any way to change the beep tone when entering auth code to an acutal message that says "please enter authorization code". Sonething similar to Cisco CUCM.

Kindly let me know.

SKVL

The beep is from the system. You can't change that.
All you can do is direct any calls that would require an auth code to a voicemail pro module, prompt for a code, then transfer the call.
Otherwise, you're SOL.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

This typically is only an issue where tight wads use analogue phones for their staff/agents :)

They are using freaking cheap SIP phones.

They demoed some linux based system that could do that and now they want all those features.

They're worse than analogue phones, don't even think account codes are supported on SIP phones (due to the short sighted dialling process SIP requires) :)

If they want those features they need to use the phones the system was designed for, the system they were Demo'd was designed specifically for SIP phones :)

Now they saiying am making their phones an excuse coz i jus want to sell Avaya phones and they wont have that. Am in for some real[censored]

How do you even send calls to a VMpro module whilst capturing all the dialed digits?

We avoid this situation by never, absolutely never selling a system to people who want to use SIP phones, not worth the hassle, as you now know :)

Lessons learned, i have had it with this project

- They want virtual meet-me conference rooms, that is ability to host conferences from any phone in the building as long as am the conf host
- They want calling rights to be assigned to Auth codes and not users...all calls should be allowed on any handset and the pin should determine whether the call goes through or not

- They want their existing receptionist soft console to work with Avaya..........[evil] am so dead.

Lessons learned

Yeah, we have a customer that uses account codes, as soon as they told me they wanted some Polycom SIP phones I told them they wouldn't be able to make calls if they set these phones to require an account code to be entered. They didn't believe me but 5 minutes after making the phone live I was programming the system so this extension didn't require account codes :)

| ACSS SME |

[bigsmile][bigsmile]

I am literally.

One thing I noticed, when user with SIP phone assigned to a user rights group makes a call, no network dialtone is registered. The same enter auth code beep continues during dialing phase!!

SIP phones never get system dial tone, it's self generated.
They don't go off hook and receive dial tone then dial tones down the lines like all other phone types, they generate their own dial tone and when you start dialling they need you to tell them to actually send that number or they guess when you've finished using dial rules, only then will they send the system a message a bit like an email containing the number they want to dial.

That's why account codes don't work :)

Not really your fault though, blame the jackass who sold it.....unless that was you of course :)

Nope. wasnt me thankfully. Believe it or not, Avaya made this deal happen and sold it via a disti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back