Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwise2112

MIS
May 26, 2002
CA
I've trying to solve this problem for another user.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000001, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000001)

The system is a Celeron 1300 with 128MB of RAM & 40 GB HDD. The problem happens infrequently, but always online when opening certain websites. The OS has been completely reinstalled, but the problem continues. Windows Updates have been done, but did not help.

Most indications are that it is a driver problem, but how can I narrow down or identify the problem driver with no file or driver name info in the error?

Any help would be appreciated.

did you ever solve this problem? I am getting it now. Exactly as you were I believe, STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000001, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000001)

Hi everybody,

I got the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error ; it comes from my RNIS PCI card; with it installed, when I shut down or re-boot, the famous blue screen appears a few second and then the system reboots itself.

My PC : Hardw : Asus A7N8X Deluxe bought 1 month ago, 2x256 DDR PC 2700 (checked- no problem), NVidia V7100 Pro (Geforce 2 MX 400) with a MS Certified driver, Olitec RNIS PCI modem-card, with the lastest driver, provided by the manufacturer (!)
Softw : Win Xp Pro SP2 updated, NAV 2003.

I need to use that modem ; What can I do ?

Thanks for any tip

P

I am having every error you can get on a computer..lol

Whenever I play any game or use Internet Explorer my computer would just suddenly freeze and then a then a send error report to Microsoft window appears and the game just quits once you press Send or Don't send.

Also, I have been having these Blue Screens of Death all the time:

Stop 0x0000000A or IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop 0x00000050 or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Stop 0x0000007F or UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Stop 0x000000D1 or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Stop 0x0000008E or Stop 0x8E or KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Stop 0x0000007E or SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Stop 0x00000026 or CDFS_FILE_SYSTEM

Now I can only boot into windows sometimes because I just keep having these blue screens of death!

I’ve tried changing my RAM from DDR 256MB to 128MB SDR RAM, but still happened. I have also changed my video card and it still happened.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Specs:

AMD Athlon XP 2000+
Jetway V266B
256 DDR RAM
Jetway GeForce FX 5600 – 256MB video card
20GB HD
Windows XP
VIA AC'97 Enhanced Audio Controller (WDM) (onboard)/without verified drivers

To get further information about the error look in your Event viewer.

Look in the System or Application folder. You can get to the Event Viewer via right click My Computer icon and select Manage.

Any errors logged in the Event Viewer can be expanded by double clicking on the error line.

Take any event error I.D. number and search for it on these sites.

Also check any "Information" line that mentions "savedump" and you should find reference to "recovered from a bug check". This is the Stop Error that caused your problem.

You can also turn off "automatically restart after an error" so it will just halt at the fault and display the full Stop Error and blue screen.

Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties .
On the Advanced tab, click Settings under Startup and Recovery .
Click to clear the Automatically restart check box under System failure , and then click OK . The error message on a blue screen should remain on the screen so you can record the error information.

Is your Bios updated?

These errors may be caused by defective physical memory or incompatible software which caused a hardware driver or service request for data that was not in memory.
If the error occurred after installing a device driver or application, try using Safe Mode and removing the driver or program.

To check your RAM.

To check your drivers.

HOW TO: Verify Unsigned Device Drivers in Windows XP

To check conflicting software.

310353 - How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows XP

316434 - HOW TO: Perform Advanced Clean-Boot Troubleshooting in Windows XP

Some general things to try.

See if System Restore will get you back to a restore point before your problem with Explorer.

Try Safe Mode (Do you have this problem in Safe Mode?). LAST KNOWN etc

Try running ChkDsk to check your drive for errors. Right click your Drive icon/ Properties/ Tools/ Error Checking.

Run the System File Checker program from the Run Box by typing.....Sfc /Scannow in it and have your XP CD handy.

If they don't work you could try repairing windows itself by running it over itself. You will lose all your windows updates but your files will be untouched.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP (Q315341)

i fixed the problem after several attempts. the problem was in the network card that connects my computer with the internet
thats all
just buy a cheap 12 dolars new belkin network card or similar and done , no more irql or dump memory or blue screens, is gone for ever\.
change your network card, no memories problem no mainboard no virus, just network card
thats it
bye
luis
lrsilvas@hotmail.com

I have fixed my problem too. It was my motherboard, I had to get it replaced and is now working!

I had intermittent stop msgs like that and it was a capacitor on the motherboard. we figured it was hardware because I got a couple freezes booting before the windows screen appeared. Luckly warranty covered it (tho it was a defect which they had declined to notify me about - even when I called them to ask about the problem - it was an IBM machine and I got the satisfaction of demanding of them, in my frustration, don't you people have any computers down there?!)

Hi everyone,
I'm getting the blue screen of death 'IQRL_NOT_yada, yada' on my SOTEC laptop (128MB 700Mhz). The error is related to drivers, but I am unable to find any conflicts. I have tried disabling all new hardware, but to no avail.
My question is this: How can I disable the driver verifier? All the documentation I have read points to this being the solution to my problem, but I have been unable to find any documantation on how to accomplish this.
Please help me before I teach my laptop to fly.
Thanx in advance.

To set file signature verification options
Open System in Control Panel.
On the Hardware tab, click Driver Signing.
Under File signature verification, click one of the following:

Ignore to allow all device drivers to be installed on this computer, regardless of whether they have a digital signature.

Warn to display a warning message whenever an installation program attempts to install a device driver without a digital signature. This is the default behavior for Windows.

Block to prevent an installation program from installing device drivers without a digital signature.

If you are a logged on as an administrator or as a member of the Administrators group, under Administrator option, click Apply setting as system default to apply the selected setting as the default for all users who log on to this computer.

Digital signature POPUP
thread779-681330

Thank you so much Linney,
I'll give it a go. I don't have any exotic hardware installed, so this has to be the seat of my problem.
Thanks again.

Hello again,
The proccess of ellimination/illumination continues. Changing the settings on the Verifier had no effect but, I did recieve a NEW error message in blue screen - 'Illegal DMA driver in subsystem'. "MMMM?", I said to myself, among other things.
Could anybody enlighten me as to the true meaning of this error message and what course of action I should take please?

Gravity kills laptops!!!

I have been going thru constant crashing with IRQL not less than or equal - WinxpPro, SP1 and think I might possibly have it fixed (don't ask me how these fit together - I am no expert - but system is FINALLY running.....Without going thru everything I did ad nauseum, these are the things I did today that WORKED!:

1. Enable APIC mode in your bios - DISABLE BIOS VIDEO
2. Download updated video drivers from Windows Update (I finally determined I was having a video problem) -- If they are rundll.exe inclined, disable them in msconfig.exe on startup..
3. I edited NTdetect.com (search for it, right click on it, and in properties go to memory.....Mine was 0'd out after downloading drivers?? So, I changed the initial value to auto, initial environment to 512 (my one memory stick left - removed all others), changed expanded memory to the max value, extended memory to auto - uses HMA, and ms-dos protected memory to auto. My machine is speeding right now -- of course, it will probably blow up -- but, it is NOT crashing, and is behaving better than it has in months. If anyone knows if my changes are dangerous, pls let me know, other than that, this ended an EXTREME long time of frustration for me. Hope this helps -- TLC

I resolved this problem by downloading updated chipset drivers from intel. They have a utility for identifying your chipset and then for updating the driver. Go to the downloads section.

Well i have been getting similar errors to what is in the posts. My problems started after i started using ADSL for internet connection.Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal STOP!
0x000000d1 0x00000008 0x00000002 0x00000000
0xF83DF8D0
NDIS.sys-Address F83DF8D0 base at F83CA0000
Datestamp 40517ec9
this happens only when i am on the internet and we have 2 computers networked together. The error may happen 1 to 2 times ad and then not for 2 or 3 days. It sure is most annoying. Any ideas would be much appreciated.
keith52 south australia.

Re: Driver not less than or equal -- I think I finally figured it out -- When I had this CONSTANT problem, I finally got frustrated, built another computer on which I have MANY more programs installed and had to buy a copy of Windows XP Pro -- this time I bought RETAIL....I am wondering if everyone with problems here has an OEM version (my old one was) -- being that those are customized for particular hardware, I have concluded that it must have been the problem - had problems with it since I installed it. On the new one with Retail -- not one problem.....Makes sense I think?? Pls let me know (anyone) if this helps -- Have an error free week :)

back to add to my origional post. I may add that when i am printing sometimes i have the problem with xp crashing. i have recently installed SP2 hoping that the problems may have been solved but it has not.
I am wondering if this is a usb problem?
I have the latest drivers for my Globespan 070 dynalink modem but i may add they are from mid 2000. As this is a usb Modem i also have usb cannon printer usb webcam/digital camera usb joystick all connected permenantly but the printer does turn its usb off after a few hours of non use and i have to pull the power plug out and back in to activate it. It seems to me that it maybe usb drivers or usb drivers conflicting with another program. When i check in System tool there are no conflicts or problem devices showing up.
Cheers keith52. hope someone may have a helpful idea.

I had the exact same problem about 2 years ago, with 2 systems, altho they where cheap boards, so I didn't think much of it. Both where socket A's, was buiding 2 systems for a customer, tried win98se,ME, 2000, xp home and Pro. I even tried to install Linux. Anyway, I couldn't have been bothered looking for problems, so I put both the systems away, and forgot about them (been busy) until about a year ago. SO just out of intrest I put one together, the exact same systems, nothing changed, same RAM, Hard drive, floppy, cables, everything. Anyone hazard a guess as to what happened ?................ yes, nothing. Everything went just swimmingly, both systems, and infact are still running. Seems like the fairies where in.
I know this isn't gonna help anyone much, but still thats the way it happened, so I done nothing, and it worked ???
I have had other systems do the same things, and mostly they all have a different fix, almost all the fix's suggested have worked for me on 1 system or another, first thing I usually check is the graphics card, change it and see what happens, Ram, also, leaky capacitors are always a good bet,and CNR modems. I usually find that its hardware related as opposed to software, altho don't rule software out. Mostly I find if its software, firewalls and antivirus programs are usually at fault.
Hope this helps someone a little.

ive tried everythin cept messin with bios cause it looked important and i dont no jack about no IRQL. HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back