Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error 17

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwise2112

MIS
May 26, 2002
CA
I've trying to solve this problem for another user.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000001, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x00000001)

The system is a Celeron 1300 with 128MB of RAM & 40 GB HDD. The problem happens infrequently, but always online when opening certain websites. The OS has been completely reinstalled, but the problem continues. Windows Updates have been done, but did not help.

Most indications are that it is a driver problem, but how can I narrow down or identify the problem driver with no file or driver name info in the error?

Any help would be appreciated.

I have had a similar problem with my system.When trying to re-install win xp pro,I got the error "driver irql not less or equal to 0x000000D1(0x00000000,0x00000006,0x00000000,0x00000000)
I did not have this problem prior to trying to re-install windows,due to a problem with not being able to access windows explorer.I tried several things,including removing pci devices,memory sticks,changing bios settings,etc.Nothing has worked.I have noticed that during this installation process, several drivers for hardware ask if I want to install them due to incompatability issues with win xp.I have tried both ways,installing them,and not,with the same reult.I have also noticed the monitor flickering on and off several times prior to the blue screen.

I am running an AsusA7N8X-E MB w/ 1gb kingston 3200 ddr,NVIDIA GEFORCE 6800 OC 128MB RAM, 1.8GH AMD ATHLON2500+, ONBOARD SOUND.I had a virus at one point,but disposed of it.However,after doing a complete system scan and finding nothing,I began having problems not being able to access ie explorer or windows explorer in any way,to which I decided to try a re-install.This is when the trouble began.I have found nothing thus far on this problem with the error message I have received.Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi, im having sort of the same problem, when im playing san andreas the computer just shuts down and gives me the blue screen, "drier_irql_not_less_or_equal" ive tried to install other drivers, dont work ive tried to take out one of my memorys still dont work, its weird cause its only happens when playing, the computer runs great otherwise. anyone know what thos could be?

Now I admit right up front I haven't read all the posts in this thread.. that would be a bit time consuming..wow 103 posts lol.. Anyway back to your problem Zuko77. In my experience that error is not the exclusive providence of hardware. If it only happens in that game, then I would have to say you need to reinstall the game from CD. If it's <ahem> not on CD then delete it and go get one off the shelf.. preferable one that hasn't had the code scrambled by a 12 year old cracker.

So here's my problem. I get the BSOD with the following:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL followed by the stop:
0x000000D1 (0xDC4C0108, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xF70E18B1) followed by w22n51.sys - Address F70E18B1 at F70BC000, Datestamp 3ff54d71

So I've isolated the problem, based on Microsoft's self help and playing with the drivers to my computer's wireless drivers. Problem is that my computer tries to do a start up error check, but never makes it through because the computer will BSOD and reboot. Without being able to actually enter the GUI, I can't disable and install new drivers. Any ideas of how to get around this? BTW, safe mode keeps getting snagged on a file called gap30kx.sys. I know I'd be able to do everything from safe mode, but is there a reason why it gets snagged on that file?

Have you considered loading the Recovery Console and using the "Disable" command to remove the faulty driver?

You could also try the ChkDsk /r command.

How to install and use the Recovery Console in Windows XP

As for "gap30kx.sys", there are no hits on Google concerning that driver or file, and I could not find it on several checked Windows systems.

HOW TO: Verify Unsigned Device Drivers in Windows XP

If they don't work you could try repairing windows by running it over itself. You will lose all your windows updates but your files will be untouched.

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade (Reinstallation) of Windows XP (Q315341)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back