Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DOWN GRADING MXE III RELEASE 7 HARD DRIVE TO 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronmarc900

Technical User
Sep 25, 2014
BW
Hi there,
I have a faulty MXE controller-release 4.0( LAN ports blown)which I want to replace with an MXE III controller-release 7. Client has no SWA, I wanted to downgrade it to release 4.0, Is it possible for this type of downgrade?

Sure can. Just do the manual software installation procedure from the tech handboox.

Licenses will fail and even if he could, would need a backup of rel 4 in SDS mode

He has a MXe at 4.0 already, he should be able to restore to a MXe III without big issues IMHO

As long as the licences are 4.0 on the AMC (at least) then it should licence up after clearing the hardware ID and resyncing it.

I myself would do a Boot_Install on the MXe III, move the ibutton and do a sync and restore. That way he could use the new ibutton in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back