Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Displaying Jpeg Images In Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

barno

Programmer
May 27, 2002
I have managed to display my Jpeg images on Screen (Forms) after Storing thier directory locations in a field in the table- A Million Thanks; to those who replied.But now i cant Output the same images to Printer or to Screen in form of a report either through the Report generator or my own designed report.How Can i output this to Printer or Screen?

barno

Add an ActiveX bound control to your report and enlarge/place it appropriately.

Select field and enter 'gcFileName'

Save the report.

Declare

PUBLIC gcFileName

and before you

REPORT FORM ...

put

gcFileName = ALLT(MYTABLE.filename)

and then you can loop through your table.

FAQ184-2483 - the answer to getting answered.​
Chris [pc2]

Barno,

Drop a picture control into the report. Go to its properties, and set Picture From option to File. In the adjacent text box, type the name of the field or variable that holds the filename of the JPG.

I know the textbox is labelled File, not Field, but trust me ... it works.

Also, if it is a variable, make that it is in scope when the report is run. You might have to declare it as private.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

A Million thanks MIKE LEWIS from Edinburg & the Others your are all Wonderful!! It has Worked Thanks Much much to all Who have replied also ...Thanks once more!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back