Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Chart not displaying correctly on laptop. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan - Gendev

Programmer
Jan 9, 2011
AU
I have a simple chart using mscomctl.OCX in my app. This works perfectly on my Dev PC.
However, when installed on my laptop I get a 'distorted' image where the components are 'bunched up' vertically - not in the usual correct spacing.
I have added this line in my Inno script
Source: mypath_Dist\mscomctl.OCX; DestDir: "{sys}"; Flags: regserver ignoreversion;
Any ideas why this might be happening?
GenDev

If something doesn't work after about 10 tries, it's good advice to try something else.

But I just see that the pictures didn't change at all. If you got it right on the PC and that's the basis of your Inno Setup and that's waht you install on the notebook, then still check the version and/or file date of your notebook exe. To me it seems your change doesn't arrive on the notebook, because you miss some very basic step. Something reason like

1. The Inno project doesn't take the EXE from your VFP project folder, where you compile it, so after compiling you need to copy the new exe into an inno project folder
2. You install with the Inno setup on the notebook, but start an EXE fom another install directory that you didn't just upgraded.
3. The inno installer doesn't overwrite the exe, as it alrady exists.
4. Whatever else.

All I know is, once you have a MS Chart ActiveX control on your form, set it up through the properties and/or your code, so if the concrete control on some form is run and displays some chart and you copy just that EXE version with the form with that concretely set up control to another computer also having the MS Chart ActiveX control itself registered, that should look the same, except perhaps sizes differ due to different resolutions. Your charts differ, because once the column labels are visible, on the other not. That's certainly one pf the properties you can set in the control and thse properties are stored within the SCX/VCX in a memo field, they get transported when you build an EXE from the form and get that on another computer, there's no two opinions on that detail. If there's something that turns the column labels/captions on in one case and not the other, it would be in your code, of which yaou have posted nil.

If all that doesn't ring any bell and you find the concrete EXE you start on the notebook has the same version as the one you start on the PC, nobody can help you without hands on your computers, and I'll not go into giving remote help.

Good luck and indeed, when all else fails it's time to use something different.

Chriss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back