Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DID to MXe extension numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

conquer2006

Technical User
Apr 3, 2013
NG
I installed MXe III Controller using aSIP Trunk 017000027-28 and 017000100-107. My Client want DID to their extension without going to the operator. eg

From outside when you call 017000027, it autmatically goes to extension 2001
017000028 - 2002
017000100 - 2003
017000101 - 2004 and so on........................

Please, I need you assistance Guys

Do it with System Speed Calls. Speedcall number should be the number that appears to the switch (external DID) with the incoming call, and actual number is your extension. Works like a charm.
I have the incoming BRI knock x amount of digits off the front and add an 8 so I don't need to type the entire number in and it stays neat.

A alternate option to using system speed calls is to turn on the Call Recognition Service in the Trunk Service Number (Trunk Attributes form) for your SIP peer.

In the DID Services form, enter the incoming DID (after digit manipulation performed by the Trunk Service profile) and point it to your 4 digit extensions.

If you have a MAS, be sure to put the DID service number in the user account within the User and Services tab to keep the MAS and MCD database in sync.

-b

Correction to my previous statement:

The service to turn on in the Trunk Attributes form is NOT Call Recognition Service, it is the Direct Inward Dialing Service that you want to enable.

-b

Hello Guys, my client is suggesting that I programmed the DID so the the last four (4) digits will be their office extension number. Example : 017000027 to 017002001(0027), incoming caller want to call directly to extension 2001 from outside. How do I do this?

You don't program the DID as that is sent from the CO/exchange. Depening on your real DID range depends on what would be easiest. I tend to default to system speed calls unless there is any reason not to or the DID last four digits match the extension numbers or near them.

Of course you could program your rxtension numbers to match the last 4 digits of the DID and just absorb any digits you don't need that are sent from the cO?exchange. i.e if your servioce provider aends 6 digits you would absorb 4 in the Trunk attributes form and match the last 4 to the extension numbers.

With speed calls you would just set the speed call number to the digits of your DID and the actual number that you wish that did to call.

Wire,

The nice thing about the DID Service form is that you DO program the DID as it is sent from the CO and you aren't limited in the number of digits that you can enter (as is the case with the System Speedcall form). And you have a complete record of the DID's instead of relying on an outside document which may become out of sync.

[ol 1]
[li]Trunk Service profile for the SIP trunk, absorb 0 digits and turn on DID Service.[/li]
[li]DID Service form, create entries for 017000028 / 2002, 017000100 / 2003 , 017000101 / 2004 and so on......[/li]
[li]Done.[/li]
[/ol]

I too have used the System Speedcall form for DID/DN association for years, but that time is coming to an end.

-b

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back