Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

default sysmenu - record\replace screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

marka1966

Programmer
Oct 9, 2002
US
I would like to use the replace screen accessed by the default sysmenu without having to completely recreate it. Can anyone tell me how to access the code that generates the screen?

I'm unclear as to what you are trying to accomplish, could you give a bit more information? Also, what version of FPD or FPW are you using?

Just as a general comment, there are some things that simply don't exist in the runtime compared to the development environment, and you will have to provide code for similar functionality.

Rick

I am using FPW26.
I am trying to use the screen that is used to do replaces in databases when you open a database in the development environment and select record then replace from the default system menu.

According to sys(2013) the following are the names of the menu items:
_MRECORD _MRC_APPND _MRC_CHNGE _MRC_SP100 _MRC_GOTO _MRC_LOCAT _MRC_CONT _MRC_SEEK _MRC_SP200 _MRC_REPL _MRC_DELET _MRC_RECAL.
Theoretically, if you created your own menu with these items, in it and called it in your form (I'm assuming it's Modal), then this might be available in the runtime - I've never actually tried it. I have used this technique using pieces of the Edit pad before (_MEDIT ...).

Note: As stated before, some of this code simply isn't in the runtime, so you still may not get want you want.

Rick

But it's not that hard to create from scratch either:

CREATE MENU MyMenu

Click on Menu->Quick Menu

Then delete the items you don't want.
Dave S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back