Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User defined Num Pad on screen 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajesh Karunakaran

Programmer
Sep 29, 2016
MU
Dear friends,

This is actually similar to one of my own threads on establishing a Numeric Key Pad on screen. It was successfully established.
But this time, the need is a bit different, or rather, a different approach. Now, I want to try using the general Vfp native command button right on a form itself.

I have a form, with many Textboxes and a Grid. Some of the textboxes contain code in its REFRESH, VALID, LOSTFOCUS methods.
As we all already know, the intention is, if I click on a control, ie any of the input textboxes, and the start clicking the num pad keys, I should get the textboxes update in realtime and finally when I click the 'Enter' key of numpad, the value should be submitted and the VALID clause of textbox, if any, will be triggered.

Has anyone already established things like this? Can you share some ideas?

A typical screen is attached (it's a point of sale screen)

[URL unfurl="true"]https://res.cloudinary.com/engineering-com/image/upload/v1696941479/tips/New_Bitmap_Image_azfltj.bmp[/url]

(I know the Numpad in the image is not in standard full form. This is just for testing purpose)

Rajesh

Dear all,

A Toolbar will always be on TOP and that IS a problem in this case, it appears!
Any ideas?

Rajesh

Hide it?

It's not hard, is it?
oToolbar.Hidde(), then
oToolbar.Show() again.
Or toggle oToolbar.Visible = .t./.f. to show/hide it. So you even have two options.

Chriss

Another simple idea: Make the preview window only half the display (left half), as it seems not to need the right side.

Chriss

Chriss,

Yes, I will have to hide it. But then, that portion in the screen will be blank which I think is awkward. So, I plan to place another container with a fake numpad of the same pattern. Now, as the original Numpad will always be on top of the fake one, when I hide the original one, the fake will be visible. So, visually it must appear okay.

I am making this entry screen as a general purpose one. So, making the preview half may not be a proper solution because some previews require full. Anyway, if I decide to Hide the Numpad, the problem will be solved I hope!

Let me try these changes.

Rajesh

that portion in the screen will be blank
But the preview is in front, why would the user see the blank portion?
Define a fullscreen report preview window first, make it visible & hide the toolbar, then run the report with the PREVIEW IN WINDOW <windowname> clause and there's no need to create a fake/visual numpad.

Chriss

If you use foxypreviewer you can do the same, but modify whichever preview you effectively use from the frxpreview.vcx to always be full screen.

Chriss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back