Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CX shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesBr

Programmer
Jan 29, 2007
CA
We have a weird occurence of a 3300 CX controller that shuts down every 3-4 days, it literally shuts down, no lights are lit on the front panel, and unplugging/plugging it back restarts it.. Is the CX power supply field replaceable? I cannot find it in the tech handbook...

what does it say in the maintenance logs after you boot the controller back up? What version of software?
I dont think the CX PSU's are replaceable a new chasis may need to be ordered if you wish to go down that route.

They have a somewhat old release of 3300, 8.0 but I do not have the UR with me.. The logs will simply show that it powers up, not why or how it did power completely down. We've seen temperature mentioned in the logs but the room is climatized, it could be a bad sensor issue..

What release software you using? I know of an issue with the first release of MCD 4.1 with this same issue.

can you post the section of maint logs? if so please include 30mins-1hour prior to reboot and 10mins after reboot

Don't think the CX can shut down like that. Need new controller although you could check that the fans are spinning first becuase it sounds like a heat problem.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

See the logs attached, it shut down during the evening, most likely, and the customer pulled the plug and plugged it back in around 9:00 a.m. There is a mention of the temps sensor being reinitialized, I don't know if this happens to a healthy cx.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sum015ep7018een
I seem to remember having to replace the fans in some of the older CX(i) controllers but I think this was because of failure. Have you checked that the fans are running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back