Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a web based db 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkennemur

Programmer
Aug 19, 2005
US
Hello, I have a db in Access that needs to be put on the web. I am uncertain of what course I should take because I have no web programming experience. I have not made the decision about working with Access or completely rebuilding the database using different software that would be more compatible with web apps. I need as many suggestions as possible about both options.

Thanks,
Lesley

I have been told by the people that will be handling the servers that they will not work with Access.

I also work for a Government Agency and the "THEY" in the above quote would be reffering to the people handling the servers not working with Access as apposed to the servers themselves. My area is currently working to update our DB's to SQL to conform with our intranet policies. It's been a great learning opportunity. Enjoy the ride, it's always better to learn on someone else's dollar (refering to your statement about being paid while learning).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back