Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connecting IP500 to CISCO CUCM via IP trunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

quasiplanter

Vendor
Nov 15, 2007
GB
Hi Guys,

I have connected an IP500(4.2-12)in the UK to a CISCO CUCM in Norway via the customers VPN. I have established 'Internal' calls from the 500 to the CUCM, however the CISCO is unable to present calls to my 500, i have created the relevant Incoming call routes etc (including a blank (catch all) route. As i am unfamiliar with the CISCO CUCM but am have been informed that all necessary configuration has been carried out (IP trunk/digit routing, etc) i was wondering if there is anything on their box which may need enabling / configuring.

Any help would be great.

Are you receiving any digits on the IP trunk? If so, post a trace and your Trunk settings along with ICR paths.

Iptrunks do not use the incoming call route
You need to use system shortcodes for this

Example

Cisco send digit 12345
Then make a shortcode

dial
extenxion or gorup number
line id 0

The system then sends 12345 to the extension or group you want

RTFM.gif

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

I will try the 'SC' route tomorrow, as this the calls are presented via the IP trunk, i never thought of using Short Codes, I guess its the same method as incoming S08 routes.

Many Thanks..... again.

quasiplanter, you can add the shortcodes into the Line settings for the IP trunk rather than the system shortcodes. The advantsge of this is people on the IP Office can't ever match the shortcodes only calls in on that IP Trunk, the disadvantage is any changes to Line shortcodes require an immediate/timed reboot and not a merge as system shortcodes are.....why I don't know :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back