Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

changing auto logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyv

Programmer
Jul 13, 2001
CA
My computer is currently setup with 2 accounts. The administrator account and my account called Johnnyv

Currently when my PC boots up it will automaticlly logon the Adminsitrator account. I want to change this so that it automaticlly logons on the account called Johnnyv.

How do I do this?

thanks

johnnyv,

Click on Start,Settings,Control Panel, Users & Passwords. Click the Advanced tab, then check the box labelled "Require users to press ctrl+alt+del before logging on.

let me know if that helps,

-thefourthwall

eryctus,

Can you tell me how forcing users to press ctrl+alt+del will make Johnnyv's machine logon automatically with account johnnyv?

Wolluf, if you highlight the name of the user you want to log on and uncheck that box.then the user that you chose should be highlighted still and that will auto log that account on.

What wolluf was getting at is that after checking that box and selecting the user, you need to uncheck it once again. ________
Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.

what I was getting at is you don't need to do that - just use the function of tweakui to change which user is logged on automatically - which is what johnnyv was asking in original post.

Does anyone know why my Win 2k Server(from an early MSDN intall) might not have the User and GRoups icon? I would like to get it setup to auto login as well, but can't get to that utiliy.

Thanks
Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back