Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Changeing agent state programmatically

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdw233

Programmer
Nov 10, 2009
US
Does anybody know of a way to change an agent's state (DND, enabled/disabled from a group) without using TAPI?

programmable keys? shortcodes?

"all of us have untapped potential. that's what the garth marenghi foundation is all about.learning to harness psychokinetic abilities in underprivelaged kids. we've got the full backing of the army, there's already a child down there who's VERY intuitive.

Using DDS status in monitor.

ACS IP Office or is it ACSS :)
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

DSS status works better :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

Yep, the bug is gone :p

Softconsole

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Also a good call :)

Sorry guys ... I meant programatically.

I guess thats an important part to leave out!

ooh and technically TAPI don't do this. It is the IP Office MSP...

Take Care

Matt

Programatically as in I could do it from my machine using my own code.

Manager can log them in and out of groups and set/unset their DND status....is that what you meant ?

>Programatically as in I could do it from my machine using my own code

>without using TAPI

No

You have to use the IP Office Media Service Provider, which is an extension of TAPI

The calls you need are ITAgent Login, Logout and ITDivert DonotDisturb

Take Care

Matt

Thanks for the info!

I can currently do it using 3rd party TAPI, but I have had some situations where TAPI stopped working on a machine and I needed to restart the machine to get it working again. Was hoping to bypass TAPI ... I used to use TAPI to get the current DND state, but have found a way around that and was curious if anyone had found a way to get around using TAPI to change state. I am sure the "DDS status in monitor" does not use TAPI, but Avaya has not indicated how they do that. I am imagining they use sockets (It's written in Java).

Just be sure you have a good server running tapi.
Or get the users trained in putting there phones in DND when they need to.

Unfortunately I do not have control of either of those factors ...

In which case use Manager, it's easy enough, for speed you can simply have two offline configs that has them logged in/out DND etc then just send whichever you need unless there are more scenarios than all in/out then you need to use Manager as normal :)

Amriddle, you forget about group status and users who are in or out the group!

It will also show group status and who's logged In/out, or do you mean I didn't list it above or have I missed the point entirely :)

Either way this will not work for me. I will need to do this from code ... I am programming an app to do this, so the action will be generated from a 3rd party app and my app will need to actually set the state ... making Manager or any other app I would need to manually click an option to set the state unusable for my purposes. Looks like I will have to stick with TAPI.

I do appreciate all of the info/input!

Can this be done by VM Pro?
generic user config.png

At least it is possible for DND, i don't know what the absent option does apart from showing a message to anyone calling that extension.
If human interference is not wanted then you can use TAPI Pro from a server, you must write your own application though. With TAPI Pro you can monitor huntgroup queues and the software can decide based on predefined parameters to switch users from one group to another and stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back