Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

centrex transfer in night service

Status
Not open for further replies.

azrael2000

Technical User
Jun 10, 2008
CA
Hi all.

This is probably a silly question, but I can't see what I am doing wrong.

Thanks to covid, one of our customers is locking down an office and wants the lines at this office to be transferred to another manned office.

I did a test on my captive system, and if I do the following:

SC: *89
Feature: Dial
Telephone number : 7055551212

ICR to Main group
ICR destination is the Main Group
Main group in night service (customer requirement)

If I do this, the transfer works just fine, but ties up two phone lines.

I want to do a centrex transfer, so that only one line is used, so I did this:

SC: *89
Feature: Flash Hook
Telephone Number: 9,7055551212

When I watch in SSA, I never see the first line being grabbed, and the line just rings and rings.

Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

Regards

First thing I would ask is do you have centrex transfer subscription on the line?

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

As budbyrd pointed out the provider has to allow centrex transfers and it is not a "default" feature it must be enabled to work and often times is a monthly cost.

If you can confirm that you do have centrex transfer you can try setting this up in a different way:
On the AA change the action to "centrex transfer" and the telephone number put the dial out code + number
ie centrex transfer to 918005551212

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Hi All.

To answer the questions, yes the lines are centrex, this has been verified.

The lines are normally human answered, not auto attendant, so I might have to get "creative" with the user to get them to accept this.
But, if the customer doesn't want this, then they are going to have to be happy with having lines tied up.

If anyone has another suggestion, I'll entertain it.

Have a great day.

Regards

Have it ring a sequential group in night service so they can turn it on and off with one user forwarded to a short code that goes to an AA that times out to a centrex transfer on the 0 out. This assumes you have embedded VM.

Hi budbyrd:

That was my plan, but you know how customers are... some have to be brought either a) fighting and screaming into an idea, or ... and I hate to use this word, as it isn't accurate ... tricked.

But when I tell them "Hey, you can do it this way, or that way, but the other way will anger your service users" that kind of helps them along. Will advise when more is done.

The joys of trying to schedule me and the customer due to Covid restrictions.

Regards

I don't tell them any more than I have to. I do it and ask 'Is this how you want it to work?' 9 times out of 10 they don't understand what you are doing and don't care as long as it works... [2thumbsup]

To add onto what budbryd said, and I quote " I can get a hell of a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking my head up a bull's ass, but I'd rather take the butcher's word for it.

budbyrd / jinx : I've been at this game for 30 years, so I know what you mean.
But some customers worry at the hows and whys like a dog worries a bone.

Sometimes they won't give up, so I give them a full technical explanation. That usually fixes things.

Regards

I have an idea, could it be that the system is not capable of doing a Hookflash until the line is answered?
or at least the system considers it answered.
try to send the call to an auto attendant even without a recording and have the fallback target set to the *89 shortcode
that way it is answered and the system should have no issue with the rest any more.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back