Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CDR information on VDN and route-to

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeg826

Programmer
Nov 10, 2005
US
Looking to use my CDR data (ecas system) to provide a call flow on specific calls. I have a VDN setup that callers call, than select a destination which sends the call to a second vector, and than the caller is given another menu that results in a route-to off-net .

Example - call into system, select 2-letter state abbreviation (call sent to another vector where caller selects city, based upon the city selected, the call is routed off-net via the second vector's route-to feature.

How can I get the incoming information on the originating VDN and determine where the caller gets routed-to (city) via CDR?

>mike

ACE - IP Telephony

on the vdn set to allow vdn over ride to yes

acss sme acis sme acss cm 5.2.1 acss cm and cmm acss aura messaging.

That didn't work - What I'm looking to do is trace the call from when it hits my PBX and than gets routed off-site -

i.e phone number 555.1212 called in , entered vector and select state PA, which routed caller to suboption of 4 choices, caller selected option 3 and is transferred off-net to 215.555.1234 - how can i determine via CDR that call came in TR8 with caller ID 555.1212 and than was connected to 215.555.1234 via TR1 ?

>mike

ACE - IP Telephony

I have found that the CRD information really doesn't follow the whole path on VDN-Vectors- ACD groups. For a fix (other than going to CMS) I turned on (SA7311) - CDR Record Answering Party? y . This at least gives the answering party credit for their calls. This is found in the change system parameters special features.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

On the VDN form, is measured set to "none"? If so, try setting to "internal". See if that helps.

What happens is that CDR information gets lost through the whole process. The ACD agent reports (List measurements BCMS split or skill or agent) and the CDR reports won't match up. The BCMS reports seem to show fewer calls than the CDR reports. Turning on the Sa7311 at least gives credit to the agents if calls are answered. And seems to make the reports a little closer to what they should be.

You can run a report for the total calls that go through the VDN by running "Li bcms vdn xxxxx day" but will not give you anything on where the callers route to after they enter the vector. Being the calls are not actually answered but routed, CDR gets lost.

I do have instructions for creating a custom CDR format if you need it. It did not help in my case so I put the format back to default.

We had a long conversation with the Avaya CTO about this exact issue. We previously had a Mitel and we could track a call from the instant it came in the building to its final destination. We could see every extension that the call touched, every ACD queue, transfer, hold, everything. Unfortunately, the architecture of the Avaya does not allow that kind of detail. We have been struggling with this for a year and there just is no way to get all the detail we would like. The special app you referenced helped a little, like you noticed, but not much else.

CMS is the only true "cradle to grave" solution that Avaya has to offer. That will catch every detail of call center related calls. But it's an expensive offering. I looked into getting BCMS VU and it's better. But still not a complete package like CMS is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back